• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mountain Cat 600 EFI Bogs Down at Altitude

sprockethead

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northern UT
02 600 EFI runs great at 5500 ft and below but once up at around 6500-7000 ft if you start to climb a hill it just bogs down and won't go anymore. Clutching or a fuel problem? I haven't rode it yet but this is what my son has told me is happening. Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
Hard to diagnose issue, With the age could be a lot of things. I would start with clutching, I would replace all springs in primary and secondary, In the Secondary; bushing and rollers. Primary the rollers could be flat sided, broken spider, shot bushing. It should slide back and forth with the spring out, will be some play but not too much, If you have excessive play the shaft bushing is probably shot.

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Possibly something wrong with the pressure sensor in the ECU? Plugged hose? Since you say it runs fine at low altitude. Does it just act like a carbed sled when you go up?

Premium Features