• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

900 Twin Cylinder compatibility

H
Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah
Im helping a friend put a his carbed 900 cat back together after loosing a cylinder. I was going to just send it to millennium to be plated but they are 4+ weeks out. I found a freshly plated cylinder locally but it has different casting numbers on the side. Just looking at it the only difference I can see is there is a small hole drilled above the exhaust port for what looks like a decompression hole. Does anyone know if it will work on this sled?

Thanks in advance!

Idcatman1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, Idaho
there are three different 900 cylinders that I know of, one has no decompression hole at all, one has it over the left exhaust boost port and the last has the decompression hole centered above the large center exhaust port. The cylinders are the same other that that. I usually plug the decompression hole anyway, seems to make the engine run a little cleaner at low speed. Use a piece of 1/8 aluminum welding rod and drive it in from the top and then file and emery cloth to make sure it doesn't stick into the bore or interfere with the exhaust valve. I thought Idcatman3 knew all this already.

Premium Features