• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

a 2nd "YamaCat" joint venture (Apex) sled??

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
Yup, at the show plenty of emotion of the PRO with a two year engine life span and how it was getting old! I usually ride my sleds 4-6 years, that reliability will never fly with me!

Personally if I was in the market to buy a used PRO, I would want receipts showing the engine had just been gone through, otherwise you have to assume its a time bomb with a short fuse!

I have to wonder WHY if Poo already has crank problems, why they would go ahead and take 2 more pounds out of the crank? WTH? Sure, its gonna rev quicker and get into the powerband faster as they claim. Does that 2 year motor now turn into a 2 month motor???

Here in Colorado we ride places you cannot pull a sled out of. One guy you can find in the Colorado section posts a year or two ago had to take an engine in and install it in his sled to get it out. Warranty pay for all that? **evil grin**

So now I have a Yamaha that is easier than a Phazer to handle and rides like an Apex and the Poo guys are pissed. Wouldn't you be if you bought into the hype and spent 12k for the wrong sled? That's why they are here, never here a guy with an old Chevrolet say "Those Mercedes are junk I would never buy one" heh

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Here in Colorado we ride places you cannot pull a sled out of. One guy you can find in the Colorado section posts a year or two ago had to take an engine in and install it in his sled to get it out. Warranty pay for all that? **evil grin**

So now I have a Yamaha that is easier than a Phazer to handle and rides like an Apex and the Poo guys are pissed. Wouldn't you be if you bought into the hype and spent 12k for the wrong sled? That's why they are here, never here a guy with an old Chevrolet say "Those Mercedes are junk I would never buy one" heh

I hear you. Where I used to live in BC it was the same story. Used to see 2 strokes regularly abandoned in the back country. If you didn't get slung out underneath a chopper, you were leaving it there. Helped out more than a few by dragging some up steep pitches with my TRX1. That's the reason I went 4 stroke way back in the day.........reliability.

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
I hear you. Where I used to live in BC it was the same story. Used to see 2 strokes regularly abandoned in the back country. If you didn't get slung out underneath a chopper, you were leaving it there. Helped out more than a few by dragging some up steep pitches with my TRX1. That's the reason I went 4 stroke way back in the day.........reliability.

Agreed, most of the places we ride I am not sure you could get a chopper too. Tall trees and above 10k altitude not good for choppers.

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
Hopefully its a new chassis that Cat is building just for Yamaha.
But I have NOT been able to confirm that "yet"...

why, so we can have another cat chassis that will fall apart in 2 years assembled with cheap self tapping fasteners that are installed crooked by minnesota rednecks?

sidehil

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Federal Way
Now choppers can fly jus about anywhere, like sleds it depends on the model. Stingray take a chill pill! They pluck people at 14k on MT Rainier which I have trudged up 3 times, but it's Baker which I might have rode up but like Clinton I can't spell it or remember!:face-icon-small-win

sidehil

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Federal Way
I've seen a bunch hauled out in BC as well, come on up and ride the deep!:face-icon-small-win none of ours thou, but you get back aways that feeling of I'm fooked will grab you and take fuel, lots of fuel, well beer or your bev of choice:face-icon-small-win

Premium Features