• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 Husky 511 Mountain Horse

Robster

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Sweden
Anyone more that want to give some inputs to having the Huskys 11-13 as Snowbikes. What is your experiences? Upsides? Downsides?

Rob

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
The downside is I saw a lot of them for sale or helicoptered out of the backcountry. Not really sure on the reasons. I still see quite a few of them out on the snow so maybe it was all pilot error.

Robster

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Sweden
The downside is I saw a lot of them for sale or helicoptered out of the backcountry. Not really sure on the reasons. I still see quite a few of them out on the snow so maybe it was all pilot error.

Yepp. I have heard things like that too, but no reasons really.
If you have a Husky te449/511 and run it on any oil thicker than 0w/40 during winter, there will be problems due to small cirkulation holes in the engine I have been told by a really good Husky mechanic. I am curious if that is what has happened and then the connection rod bearings have siezed.

Else I know of no other weaknesses, so I hope to get some more info here by you guys.

So please tell me more if you know or have heard anything thx.

Premium Features