• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Is Yamaha still suing Cat ???

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
I'm guessing that someone didn't like Christopher's speculation no matter how true it might be...

sidehil

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Federal Way
I started cleaning crapers and worked my way up to thee top HVAC Job in my CO. I deal with surprise, Billionares, Yamaha can change this in a flash, they the family are worth Billions, This will be a short lived marriage. Ive only been with my trade for 30 years and privy to a lot of board room talk. If it does not make money and there is no sales of any real value it's over! Sorry Chris it may go another year or two but any law suit of any kind is not good for us. But I hope I'm wrong and will eat a cat turd if I'm wrong.:face-icon-small-coo

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I'm guessing that someone didn't like Christopher's speculation no matter how true it might be...

Nope.
Not a peep out of anyone.
But I am having a very hard time verifying any of it, and if it was true then I SHOULD have been able to locate a record of filing with a court, and I can't. So I pulled my thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2 pro.

Last edited:
S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
I started cleaning crapers and worked my way up to thee top HVAC Job in my CO. I deal with surprise, Billionares, Yamaha can change this in a flash, they the family are worth Billions, This will be a short lived marriage. Ive only been with my trade for 30 years and privy to a lot of board room talk. If it does not make money and there is no sales of any real value it's over! Sorry Chris it may go another year or two but any law suit of any kind is not good for us. But I hope I'm wrong and will eat a cat turd if I'm wrong.:face-icon-small-coo

I worked for a Yamaha dealer in Idaho as a kid. You have to understand the Japanese mentality, Yamaha knows they are not going to make any money on snowmobiles and have not for a while. Its about NOT failing. Do not expect Yamaha snowmobiles to go away anytime soon because stopping production after the company promised they would remain will not happen.

O
Dec 6, 2007
On the contrary, since Yamaha isn't actuall producing the sled at all, it would be quite simple for them to pull the plug. The Yammicat is built by Arctic Cat in Arctic Cats facility.... Not much skin off their teeth really.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Yamaha has sleds for only one reason. To supply their northern Yamaha powersports only dealers (world wide) with something to put on the showroom floor in the winter. It was a promise back when they started to force dealers to drop off brands.

The advent of these side by side vehicles and their winter sales will probably have more effect on future Yamaha investment in sleds more than the profit or lack of with current sled sales.
If the dealers are happy without sleds I think Yamaha would bow out anytime. I truly hope this doesn't happen.
If Cat was smart they would hold on tight to this marriage and bow and be polite in the Japanese way.

O
Dec 6, 2007
Cat needs to make this work, they could take a page or too regarding quality and apply it to their products. Seems like a good venture. It keeps the Yammi sled faithful on a decent, if not leading edge, machine and it bumps volume in Cats factory, good for eveybody.

Of course it remains to be seen if a Cat with Yammi graphics is going to be as well built as a real Yamaha....

Premium Features