• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CO Girl... 1st season & totally addicted

C
May 6, 2013
Boulder, CO
Yep, totally addicted! It's my first season sledding/bc snowboarding and I'm a wreck thinking about the end thats drawing near... still planning to ride Montezuma this weekend so I'm not throwing in the towel yet. I got a late start but still logged about 700 miles this season... Vail, Columbine, Rabbit Ears (fav so far), Georgia Pass.

My dear sweet boyfriend has passed along this new affliction. I know he's shocked i fell in love with sledding... and more shocked that I'm good and have the stamina to play all day with the boys >:) I'm riding an old tricked out Mountain Max... love love love that sled.... having trouble with the high seat (tough to move around with my short legs) and tippy feeling on his RMK. Guess I'll be researching here on building a sled that is just right for me.

The recent avalanche deaths have sketched me out a bit and I guess that's good... I'm signing up for a course before next season.

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. I'm way open to suggestions/recommendations for a newbee on anything/everything on the subject of sleds, sledding in colorado/wyoming. Braaaap on! >:)

Last edited:

skiwiz

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2008
laramie wy
WELCOME !

Its our fears that keeps us alive , and glad ur having fun ! As for the sled if Ur gonna sled alot You should really consider a new sled ,I would recommend the most flickable sled for the shorter legs which means 600 pro rmk . Anywhoo welcome to sleddn and snowest and have fun with it !:cheer2:

vdo1948

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eastern South Dakota
:welcome: to the addiction! If you haven't gone there yet I'd suggest you browse through the Powder Room forum on here. It's the ladies forum and they have quite a bit of info as viewed through the ladies eyes. And if you can't find answers to your questions don't be afraid to post them in any of the appropriate forums. Peeps on here are usually pretty good about answering questions, though now that it's summer it will be a little slower on here.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
welcome: glad you got the sleddn FEVER

good to here some lucky ducks are still sleddn, my last ride was about 6 weeks ago, Mtn max is a good sled, good torque, decent power, but a bit heavy, but we all have to start somewhere, my first sled was a 250 yamaha bravo when I was about 10, If you get a chance try to ride a m6 or like mentioned above a 600 rmk pro. then you may in time get my problem: BOOST ADDICTION- BEWARE. I would recommend you always ride with, a good AVALANCHE BEACON, SHOVEL, AND PROBE. I recommend the BCA tracker 2.

C
May 6, 2013
Boulder, CO
thanks for the welcome skiwiz :)

Its our fears that keeps us alive , and glad ur having fun ! As for the sled if Ur gonna sled alot You should really consider a new sled ,I would recommend the most flickable sled for the shorter legs which means 600 pro rmk . Anywhoo welcome to sleddn and snowest and have fun with it !:cheer2:

thanks for welcoming me, so far my impression of the sledding community is a positive one. we also have a 700 RMK and a 600 RMK in our barn, both feel too tall for me, i'm only 5'4 lol. i'm guessing i'll find something to trick out to fit me soon. like i said i love my mountain max but have been finding limitations with a short track and steep climbs... but it's plenty fast for this newbee... being a 700 with plenty of mods/exhaust upgrades etc. you're in WYO country? i rode the 550 into wyoming this year, fun stuff, would like to visit the snowy range before season ends completely :)

C
May 6, 2013
Boulder, CO
thanks VDO :)

:welcome: to the addiction! If you haven't gone there yet I'd suggest you browse through the Powder Room forum on here. It's the ladies forum and they have quite a bit of info as viewed through the ladies eyes. And if you can't find answers to your questions don't be afraid to post them in any of the appropriate forums. Peeps on here are usually pretty good about answering questions, though now that it's summer it will be a little slower on here.

oooOOOoooOOOOoooo... thanks for the tip on the powder room, i'm gonna be all over that!!!! appreciate the warm welcome!

C
May 6, 2013
Boulder, CO
Thanks av8er!

good to here some lucky ducks are still sleddn, my last ride was about 6 weeks ago, Mtn max is a good sled, good torque, decent power, but a bit heavy, but we all have to start somewhere, my first sled was a 250 yamaha bravo when I was about 10, If you get a chance try to ride a m6 or like mentioned above a 600 rmk pro. then you may in time get my problem: BOOST ADDICTION- BEWARE. I would recommend you always ride with, a good AVALANCHE BEACON, SHOVEL, AND PROBE. I recommend the BCA tracker 2.

thanks so much for the warm welcome, i think the sledding community is a great group of folks so far. sad your last ride was 6 weeks ago.... booooo! yes, love that mountain max i ride, pretty tricked out 700 with lots of mods, has plenty of power for me, but the short track is showing limitations. i've ridden the RMKs (600 & 700) and they feel really tall/big... i'm 5'4 lol. i'm guessing i'll trick something out, glad to find this forum for research. I sincerely appreciate your advice about avy equipment, you're absolutely right that no one should be travelling without this essential gear... i travel with shovel, probe, tracker 2... looking to add a float pack to my gear. thanks again!

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Yep, totally addicted! It's my first season sledding/bc snowboarding and I'm a wreck thinking about the end thats drawing near... still planning to ride Montezuma this weekend so I'm not throwing in the towel yet. I got a late start but still logged about 700 miles this season... Vail, Columbine, Rabbit Ears (fav so far), Georgia Pass.

My dear sweet boyfriend has passed along this new affliction. I know he's shocked i fell in love with sledding... and more shocked that I'm good and have the stamina to play all day with the boys >:) I'm riding an old tricked out Mountain Max... love love love that sled.... having trouble with the high seat (tough to move around with my short legs) and tippy feeling on his RMK. Guess I'll be researching here on building a sled that is just right for me.

The recent avalanche deaths have sketched me out a bit and I guess that's good... I'm signing up for a course before next season.

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. I'm way open to suggestions/recommendations for a newbee on anything/everything on the subject of sleds, sledding in colorado/wyoming. Braaaap on! >:)

Welcome to Snowest! Be prepared to open you pocket book and puke cash on this sport but you can't beat it. LOL

Premium Features