• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1999 Summit X 670 air/ fuel problems

W
Oct 14, 2011
I am having trouble starting my 670X after re-building the top end. I have also replaced the coil, plugs and wires. I have a strong spark, so i think there is a problem in either my fuel pump and/ or air pump. also the compression is excellent at about 130psi on both cyclinders.

To back up a little. I re-built the top end the year before of last year, but I never even fired it up as it was spring and I was extremely buisy with work. So I wouldn't be at all suprised if I needed to rebuild both the fuel and air pumps. All fuel lines have now been replaced.

My questions are, (to whom ever knows more than I do about the DPM system), where can I find rebuild kits for my fuel pump and air pump? I have aslo been coming accross some threads in which people are claiming that the DPM system does not require the fuel pump at all????? Any truth to that? As far as I can tell I've got two lines coming off the engine to the air pump. And only one going from the air pump to the DPM????

HELP!!!! I need some guidence. I need to get this thing running and show my buddy what this thing will do!!!! Thanks in advance for any tips or advice you guys can give me.

1999 Summit 670X.JPG

Premium Features