• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Finally, I can talk riding buddies while snowmobiling.

mx100

Lifetime Membership
Jun 16, 2010
Livingston, MT.
Last year I built a helmet speaker system that has two full size speakers mounted by my ears, and a push-to-talk button and mic mounted right in front of my mouth on the inside of my helmet. All the wires are tucked inside the helmet and out of site. There is a coiled wire that runs from my helmet to the radio in my coat pocket. As long as the radio is on in my pocket, I can talk to my son, and other riding buddies, just by reaching under my helmet face mask, (right in front of my mouth), pushing the button, and talking.

It works with any grms/frs hand held two way radio. It's nice to be able to talk on the fly with out having to stop and pull my radio out. I can jump off my sled and not have to unplug a wire from my handle bar. If I want to take my helmet off and leave it, all I need to do is unplug the radio in my chest pocket. The PTT is not waterproof, but I never had a problem with it freezing up or not working. The speakers sit in the area where my ears go in the helmet. Just took a little getting use to my ears pressed up against the speakers. They have a padded top. Just took apart some headphones, and made my own.

Last edited:
Premium Features