• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What kind of oil and fuel in 2011 M8

606firecat

Oct 19, 2010
Just bought a 2011 M8 LE, normally I run ams-oil interceptor but just figured I would ask what everybody has been running/ having luck with. Also while I was polishing I noticed on the sticker on the back of the tunnel it says to run non-oxygenated 91 octane, I have access to non-ox 91 in town but if i need to fill up on the trail etc is it okay to run oxygenated gas? Probably a dumb question but I don't know the answer to it.
Thanks,

C

CatRyder88

Dec 6, 2007
I would recommend anything but amsoil interceptor. I ran it in my 2010 and it gunked everything up. Sparkplugs, power valves and top of pistons were covered in carbon. I run Syn-Sno Full Synthetic Powervalve in my proclimb and I have no complains. Barely even smokes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be checkin wells!

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I run Legend, but Cat APV, Amsoil, Redline, Klotz, Polaris Blue Semi-Syn, and on and on and on and on and on all work just fine :p

S
Jan 28, 2011
Upper Peninsula
Klotz Techniplate

I have used Redline, Legend, Amsoil (dominator and interceptor), POO VES Gold, and klotz techniplate. Klotz is by far the best, exhaust valves are rlly clean, great plug life, little smoke, smells great, and best of all improved throttle response (more christ for lack of better terms).

B
Jan 16, 2010
Northern Utah
I just bought an 07 M8 with 1400 miles on it. I got it from the original owner. He ran Yamalube 2s in it ever since he bough it and he never cleaned the power valves. I pulled them and cleaned them just a few hours ago and they still looked great. In fact they were 100 times better than the valves on my buddies 2010 M8 after 1 season of running amsoil interceptor.

I happened to have a jug of Yammy 2S in the garage so it topped her off, after I run out I'm switching to Klotz.

M8 Rider

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
Riverton Utah
2011 M8 Fuel+Oil

I ride a 2011 M8 SnoPro that is stock except for an SLP silencer. I run Chevron premium unleaded and Arctic Cat APV. My fuel mostlikely has ethanol in it. If I could I would definatly run ethanol-free fuel. I have had good results so far. Good Luck!

Premium Features