• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Will a 06 hood be a direct swap with a 07 ?

C
Mar 20, 2011
Ok my question is will a 06 m7 hood and a 07 hood be a direct swap if I take them both off can I just plug the harness in on the other sled and screw them back on and have the lights and speedo work and all ?

C
Mar 20, 2011
All M hoods are exactly the same. Why don't you just unplug your wiring harness and keep swap it? Pretty simple...

Thats all i wanted to know is im going to be getting another sled and im selling mine and have a custom decal kit on it ill be getting a 07 or 08 and just wanted to know if i could say take off my hood off my 06 m7 unplug the harness and plug it back in on a 07 or 08 m8 or m1000 for example.

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
I know the gauge and hole in the hood are different between 06 and 08 can't remember if 07 has big or small gauge though.

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
I don't think you can just direct plug them in and swap. the 07 had reverse and an indicator light on the gauge I believe. so I would assume that the wiring harness would have to support that and be different.

C
Mar 20, 2011
I don't think you can just direct plug them in and swap. the 07 had reverse and an indicator light on the gauge I believe. so I would assume that the wiring harness would have to support that and be different.

hmm ok so would you have rip the gauges headlights and wiring harness off both ? Would it hurt anything if someone did swap them and plugged them in and started them ?

Sorry if I was unclear, what I meant was send your wiring harness with your sled. If your getting a new sled and want to keep the hood off your old sled then take the wiring harness off the hood you want and put it on the hood you don't want but leave it with the sled that it belongs to. Then take the new sleds wiring harness and put it on the hood you want to keep.

C
Mar 20, 2011
Sorry if I was unclear, what I meant was send your wiring harness with your sled. If your getting a new sled and want to keep the hood off your old sled then take the wiring harness off the hood you want and put it on the hood you don't want but leave it with the sled that it belongs to. Then take the new sleds wiring harness and put it on the hood you want to keep.

Makes sence so do i have to swap lights and gauges to ?

Premium Features