• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

boss seats warranty work

Feb 28, 2009
Well here I am still waiting for the seat that they said they would have for a week and it has been gone for a month this thing better not be the same crap they have been putting out for the past couple years

S

snopro59

Nov 26, 2007
Yorkton, SK
Boss got my seat back to me relatively quick considering I am in Canada. I was happy with their service. I think they gave me a brand new cover instead of fixing mine. This is my third cover from them now including the original. I hope this is the last one and it holds up.

Boss customer service was very good to me and I will continue to be a customer.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Boss got my seat back to me relatively quick considering I am in Canada. I was happy with their service. I think they gave me a brand new cover instead of fixing mine. This is my third cover from them now including the original. I hope this is the last one and it holds up.

Boss customer service was very good to me and I will continue to be a customer.

Really? You are on your 3rd cover and you will buy from them again?

sled_guy

S

snopro59

Nov 26, 2007
Yorkton, SK
Really? You are on your 3rd cover and you will buy from them again?

sled_guy

I have started the season with a new cover each year. Sent them in after the season and had them replaced. This first time was due to bad zipper pulls and zippers. They gave me a new updated cover which I started last season on. The material on the sides of the seat cracked on both sides and I sent it back after the season was over. They sent me another cover. I'm starting this year with a new seat again. They have handled the situation well and I will support them.

Feb 28, 2009
still it a crap product if you have to send it in each year mine looked like crap after two rides and then do you live with it the rest of the year
we will see if I ever get my seat back how the work is

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
I never understood why people buy these, especially after all the issues that have been posted. Who the hell really uses their seat in the mtns anyway? Sure I use my stock seat some, but I've never had a problem with it...sorry don't get the hype of these after market seats.

S
Oct 17, 2001
Milwaukee
Bought my Boss in January 2011, installed it March 2011 and used it for 4 days in Wyoming. 2 zippers broke off, overall fit was not that good, ears that hold the seat to the side panel mounts were too short, just not what I expected after seeing all the other Boss products over the years.

Kinda forgot about it as my 4 days in Wyoming were it for me and the sled went back into storage right after that trip. Was on the fence about selling my Rev to get a XP, but decided to keep it. Got a hold of Boss for RMA and sent it back to Boss October 16 and was told about 10 business days turn around.

Took them a bit longer, got it back right before Thanksgiving, but received updates from them and they were extremely pleasant to deal with. So even though it cost me $40 ship it back for just 4 days of use, they took care of it and that's about all you can ask for.

To me, the extra seat height, extreme lightweight, storage pouches, etc. make it well worth $400 vs. the crappy stock seats on most pre-XP Skidoo's.

P

P Money

Nov 29, 2010
Denver, CO.
They are nice looking and have extra storage, sweet. But 400$ for a product that constantly has problems I'll pass... I was the same way, really wanted one, but I got my drycleaner/tailor to install a bag into the rear portion of the stock seat. Fits my tow straps for poos and an extra set of gloves, better than nothing for the price...
P

M
Nov 13, 2008
Pocket

Hey P you should post a pic of that if you could. That's all I want is some storage back there, a nice looking bag that fits I'n the v from top of seat to tank. I was going to buy a Boss this year but pulled my head outa my A$$! Don't care for all the tunnel bags on the market, like big square bag sitting on back of the tunnel. The new Doo seat and rear storage is kinda crappy too, well the lid was anyway

Feb 28, 2009
Ryan with in the frist 4 rides on this seat the zipper pulls where all broken off lost a snap to hold the front down the whole thing was falling apart and had holes everywhere. The quality was real bad compared to the product they use to put out and for what you pay for them. It took me complaining on here to even get a response from the company and now they have had my seat for over a month and keep telling me it will be shipped at the end of the week and nothing. Starting to think that I will never see my seat again.

M
Nov 13, 2008
HAHAHA

Meanwhile the "BOSS Seat Builder is up and running, you can build your new seat with colors!...hahahahahahahhah.......the nerve of them!

R

Ryanlilly

Jan 18, 2011
Enumclaw, Washington
Ryan with in the frist 4 rides on this seat the zipper pulls where all broken off lost a snap to hold the front down the whole thing was falling apart and had holes everywhere. The quality was real bad compared to the product they use to put out and for what you pay for them. It took me complaining on here to even get a response from the company and now they have had my seat for over a month and keep telling me it will be shipped at the end of the week and nothing. Starting to think that I will never see my seat again.

Great, I just sent mine in for similar issues... Hopefully yours will get back to you soon.

X

xteam

Dec 2, 2007
had my boss seat for 2 seasons no complaints. the only thing that happened was the strings on the zippers so you can use gloves to open and close ripped off. its awsome to have storage.

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
I have started the season with a new cover each year. Sent them in after the season and had them replaced. This first time was due to bad zipper pulls and zippers. They gave me a new updated cover which I started last season on. The material on the sides of the seat cracked on both sides and I sent it back after the season was over. They sent me another cover. I'm starting this year with a new seat again. They have handled the situation well and I will support them.

You just copied my exact experiance with my Boss seat. I have been through the exact same thing.

Honestly I love the seat, Until someone else builds a seat with the same shape, storage and weight, I won't give up my seat. The problem is the stupid zippers. I have asked them to put the same zippers in that Arctic Cat uses on their dash bags and such, I can get years and years out of these without a failure, I don't really care if they are "Snow proof" I just don't want them blown out.

I have pulled my seat off the end of the season three times and sent it back to boss (EARLY) in the year and have always had it returned by early fall. If you wait until NOW to do it you are screwed. Should have been working on this problem in the spring not the fall. IMO.

Granted I don't like the BS of sending it back and forth and such, but it hasn't affected a single riding day or even the season, they have fixed it every time no questions asked.

(I rode the stock seat one time last year because I had to ride double with the kid) That was a painful day, the stocker sucked.) 2008 M1000.

When Boss tells me they won't fix it I will take it to a local shop and have the right cover put on it. Until then they can fix it for free.

Thunder

Premium Features