• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

dpm problems?

Oct 6, 2009
minnesota
ive got a 2002 summit 700 which is completely stock i believe im dealing with some dpm problems the sled runs great in minnesota but in the mountains it has a problem with loading up smells of raw fuel poor performance. has anyone had problems like this? is there a way to jus delete it and rejet for altitude? any info would be great thanx

S
any idea of what baseline jetting you have installed for @ minn. & what baseline that "locals" use for the elevations that you go to? if there is a radical difference- the sled may only be able to compensate so far.usually if the base jetting is reasonably close the dpm can modify the atmospheric pressure the float bowls are exposed to and help to "adjust" the fuel flow (by varying the amount of pressure differential between the what the bowls are exposed to.. and the outlets of the fuel passages in the carb throat).the dpm also only compensates thru a specific temperature range-if it's too hot of a day it may run rich regardless (it'll be outside the operating capacity for the system to function- so you'll be effectively be running on the raw baseline jetting) i'd call the sled shops around those mountains (+ where you live) and ask them what jetting they set those machines up with "after" the break-in period...bombie ships sleds jetted stupid rich & some people just never take em back to get "knocked down" to suit the elevations they are usually riding at:face-icon-small-con....maybe they can suggest a happy medium that you can run all the time without havin to tear into the carbs every other week:face-icon-small-coo

S
if i remember correctly that's what bombie shipped 'em with for the "break in" period on that year (for @ sea level - 6 000'-yet!:face-icon-small-sho-i dunno for sure...) i think your best bet would be to talk to the "local" dealer for the best region specific base jetting. if they're a decent shop like the one in my town - they'll let ya talk with the mechanics or someone who "really" knows and get ya on track for that specific machine...

O
Dec 2, 2007
Black Hills
On my 02 700 Renegade I went from 510's to 500 on the main jet and we ride mainly at 5500-6000 ft. I could easily go to 490's with no problems I'm sure, all this is with the DPM operating. With the 510's the sled ran rich all through the rpm range with an occasional miss at mid-range rpm, now it runs much better but I could still lean on it some more.

Premium Features