• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

900 speedo

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Visually inspect the speedo sensor and its wiring first, easy to do. The sensor is on the clutch side end of the driveshaft in the footwell. Wiring is almost always the source of my electrical problems on my 900, although I have never had speedo problems to be honest.
The wiring from the sensor connector then goes forward in the chassis to one of the 2 connectors at your hood hinge, and then up the hood to your mfdisplay. Take a good look at all connectors, and the wires leading from them.
Hope this helps, and if not...hopefully someone can give you a tip on testing the speedo sensor, as I am not sure of the procedure.
Dan

B

benamen

Feb 21, 2008
Western Canada
I had to replace the sensor a year ago with only 700 miles on the machine. Took a known working unit and swapped it out for mine. That's the only way I know of whether you have a sensor problem or not.

Last edited:
B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
more than likely a speed sensor mine failed last year but it was irratic before it quit so i knew what it was. does everything else work except the speedo? all other gauges and lights?

O

otterpoo

Jan 17, 2010
Far East, Maine
more than likely a speed sensor mine failed last year but it was irratic before it quit so i knew what it was. does everything else work except the speedo? all other gauges and lights?

I am having very similar issues. At times it will read accurately, then only until 50 mph, and then only 2-7 mph. Friends have said that it can be a jack shaft issue like in older sleds, but I doubted it cuz it is a digital speedo. Other than that all readings on gauges seem fine.

Premium Features