• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 900 fusion

D
Jan 15, 2010
My sled is 05 900 fusion completly stock at this point would like to get more bottom end It seems hard to get the track to spin if trying to gas around a corner or pop the front end up off a trail bump kinda takes the fun out of it !

markoo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Southern Alberta
If you don't mind losing some top end I would gear it down. It makes it more snappy on the bottom and is better for your belt.

R
Nov 20, 2009
My sled is 05 900 fusion completly stock at this point would like to get more bottom end It seems hard to get the track to spin if trying to gas around a corner or pop the front end up off a trail bump kinda takes the fun out of it !
VENTS! Throw a pipe w/"Y" and can, all sorts of theories on pipes, depending on where you live (mountains or flatlands) matters how you set it up. I put DynoPort "y"/pipe/can VForce reeds FNI intake and Dalton clutching, and I am very happy with it all( I don't ride in mountains either). You won't hang the ski's like many others will, but you'll be happy, it's a diferent type of power. I spent alot of time reading around this site and they know alot, spend time and read or be alittle specific on topics and you'll be lead the way you need to go.The track not spinning has more to do than gearing also, if you can't get the track to spin something is wrong. Don't waste your $ and time putting gears in if you can't spin yer track! (not accurate advise imo.) Go up to the "Before you buy" and read.
Good luck and have fun!

D
Jan 15, 2010
well she spin the track but just doesn't seem to have low end punch that I would like I aint much fer going real fast but I do like to play around slow speed and that is where this thing is kinda dissapointing.
Nuther question while I am here why is everybody removing front cooler I have trouble enough keeping her cool ! lota times gotta break off from the pack cause there running to slow for my sled ! does this thing have a thermostat ?

markoo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Southern Alberta
The fusion came with really high gears, I think 25/37. This is great for going 100 mph on a lake, but if you want to play in the trees and do some wheelies you need to gear down to 19/41. I'm not sure if this will work with your stock chain but your dealer should be able to check for you.

R
Nov 20, 2009
well she spin the track but just doesn't seem to have low end punch that I would like I aint much fer going real fast but I do like to play around slow speed and that is where this thing is kinda dissapointing.
Nuther question while I am here why is everybody removing front cooler I have trouble enough keeping her cool ! lota times gotta break off from the pack cause there running to slow for my sled ! does this thing have a thermostat ?
it's kinda like a 350 Chevy and 454 Chevy motor or a small block Ford vs a 460. That's the best way I can discribe it. The cooling, I have to do the same, or atleast I thought I did but 160-165 wasn't that bad after all. But I've been debating on rad. remove but when out riding in normal/agressive riding I don't have a problem. It's just when we go into towns to fuel up or "putt' on a trail. I've learned a whole bunch on here compare to other sites, I'm not bashing other sites, just have learned more here. Where do you ride?

markoo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Southern Alberta
cooling

The sled is designed to run most of the cooling through the front radiator which needs lots of air flow to cool and not much coolant goes to the tunnel cooler. By eliminating the front cooler you force all the coolant to the rear tunnel cooler so the snow from your track cools the engine. This works great but you will need to run scratchers on the trails.

I geared my switchback to 19/41 with stock 92 pitch chain fusion got a 92 pitch chain stock also .....not much adjustment left on bolt though

also i got 74 gram weights and black/green polaris primary spring secondary is stock she is really snapy on bottem end top speed was at 103 MPH befor gearing change now it tops out at 86-87 MPH

as stated below your gearing stock is 25/37 mine was 24/37

P.S. my rear bumper is bent up from standing it on its tail

GetAttachment.aspx.jpg

triple650

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Canadia
Well i dont see why you want to spin the track, i put a camoplast intense track 1.5 padle on it, geared it down 24/38. track speed was 117 wich is way to high, so with the new gearing its down to 114 mph i beleive, i find its got alot of low end and really could gear it down a bit more i still like getting to 100 once and a while and it gets there fast. I know mine likes to lift the skis. but on the trail you dont want that no control mine never lifts the skis on the trail but really pulls. hope that helps. i do alot of ditch banging and evan with a short track it goes straight up like in that pic.

really you dont want to gear it down to much, having a short track you can have alot higher track speed then the rmk or switchback and not hurt performance. just keep that in mind.

D
Jan 15, 2010
I would be happy with 165 F but if I am doing any putting around she likes to hang 180 to 190 any higher and I try to find some powder to hit or get going

R
Nov 20, 2009
I would be happy with 165 F but if I am doing any putting around she likes to hang 180 to 190 any higher and I try to find some powder to hit or get going
yeah, been to 180 area once or twice but resolve that real quike by edge of trail, usually I'm around 130-135. Do you have vents? If not, get some they work!

Premium Features