• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

02 throttle cable ?

1Fast68

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Renton, WA
My throttle cable broke this past weekend 44 miles into our ride, we managed to rig up some bailing wire so I could ride out but i obviously need another one. Is there anything out there cheaper than the $60 OEM ones i have found online?

Will other models work say for example a rev cable?

Any help/advice is appreciated.

800HMRK

Dec 17, 2007
Alaska
I think that any throttle cable off a rev will work as long as you have rack carbs. Also you might try Dennis Kirk for one, I think they even had an extended one that was pretty cheap.

J
Nov 22, 2009
From what I've seen in the past, OEM is the way to go. I know I know they are expensive but you know they are reliable. Trust me you do not need to have the cable opening the oil pump to let go on you. I'd look for one online.

Just my .02

1Fast68

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Renton, WA
Thanks guys, i picked up a new cable from a member here.

Trust me you do not need to have the cable opening the oil pump to let go on you. I'd look for one online.

Just my .02

My understanding is the oil pumps are sprung. If the cable breaks they go to full oiling, always nice to know.

800HMRK

Dec 17, 2007
Alaska
Thanks guys, i picked up a new cable from a member here.

My understanding is the oil pumps are sprung. If the cable breaks they go to full oiling, always nice to know.

I think they are sprung the other way on a ski-doo, meaning if your cable breaks it shuts the oil pump closed instead of full open. But I might be wrong, seems to me last time I changed my cable that is how it was.

Last edited:

1Fast68

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Renton, WA
I'll do some investigating on this subject when I change the cable. I'll be sure to let you guys know.

Premium Features