• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New 900 Fusion

E

Edsled

Jul 1, 2009
Frazier Park California
Ok my first thread. I just picked up a new 1995 900 Fusion left over. I have been reading all tha has been said her about this sled but I don't mind working on the sled. I have 4 RMKs now and just could not pass up the deal. My first question is what oil do you use in your sleds? I have been using the Polaris blue stuff but this sled calls for VES gold. Is that what I should be using?
Thanks Ed

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
There are dozens of threads on the subject.

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52811&page=1

Since this sled is new and has a "warranty" then use what you have to so not to void the warranty.

BUT ... so many on here use so many different oils and have varied results.

While people on here who are "knowledgable and experienced" say the opposites. Use the simplist 2 cycle oil to use the most technologically advanced oil.

Is this your first 900?

jsledder

Lifetime Membership
Jul 9, 2001
SD
www.outdoorsupplyonline.com
You could dump Wal-Mart oil in there and it wouldn't affect your warranty.

I'm partial to a particular brand, and so is every other Tom, Dick and Harry. But since you asked, I'd suggest Amsoil Interceptor.

Does it still have the factory warranty even though it's 5 years old?

E

Edsled

Jul 1, 2009
Frazier Park California
Yep it has a one year warranty with a 5 year option if I choose to take it. The shop I got it from no longer sells sleds and it's been sitting with all it's updates for 5 years. It's not an RMK but if I get the 5 year I figured what the hell.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I know how Danny feels about the synthetics however, Jack Struthers rec's and uses Redline. That's what we all use also and knock on wood, no issues.

G
Ok my first thread. I just picked up a new 1995 900 Fusion left over. I have been reading all tha has been said her about this sled but I don't mind working on the sled. I have 4 RMKs now and just could not pass up the deal. My first question is what oil do you use in your sleds? I have been using the Polaris blue stuff but this sled calls for VES gold. Is that what I should be using?
Thanks Ed
1995 Fusion?? If it was built in 1995 it must be a confusion. We run Shell Ultra Snow synthetic oil, about 1/2 the cost of Polaris oil and exhaust valves stay clean.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Yep it has a one year warranty with a 5 year option if I choose to take it. The shop I got it from no longer sells sleds and it's been sitting with all it's updates for 5 years. It's not an RMK but if I get the 5 year I figured what the hell.

I would do the 5 year warranty option today.

Is it the Bakersfield shop that sold it?

What mods are you considering?

So ... uh where do you ride?

Last edited:
E

Edsled

Jul 1, 2009
Frazier Park California
Not sure about the mods yet. Yes I did buy it in Bakersfield. it's just not the same sence Chuck sold the place but what can you do. I ride right out of my drive way and also in Sequoia and Mammoth. I sold all my stuff a few years ago but my son got me back into the ride. We have 5 sleds now and just want it to snow. How about you are you in L.A. Where do you ride?
Ed

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Not sure about the mods yet. Yes I did buy it in Bakersfield. it's just not the same sence Chuck sold the place but what can you do. I ride right out of my drive way and also in Sequoia and Mammoth. I sold all my stuff a few years ago but my son got me back into the ride. We have 5 sleds now and just want it to snow. How about you are you in L.A. Where do you ride?
Ed

I am sorry to add the Bakersfield shop is not like it used to be for sales or service.

I live in Newbury Park off the 101 near Camarillo. Ride mostly Sherman Pass with SOCAL Sledders and the guys from Bakersfield.

Try to do a MAMMOTH run once a year.

Have been to Shaver Lake, Huntington/Edison area BUT you need to go with a local to find all the sweet spots.

I called the Frazier park service to sled but never been able to talk to anyone who would tell me where to ride ... except go somewhere else.

E

Edsled

Jul 1, 2009
Frazier Park California
I am sorry to add the Bakersfield shop is not like it used to be for sales or service.

I live in Newbury Park off the 101 near Camarillo. Ride mostly Sherman Pass with SOCAL Sledders and the guys from Bakersfield.

Try to do a MAMMOTH run once a year.

Have been to Shaver Lake, Huntington/Edison area BUT you need to go with a local to find all the sweet spots.

I called the Frazier park service to sled but never been able to talk to anyone who would tell me where to ride ... except go somewhere else.

Sherman Pass is a great place to ride but I like to take my motorhome and you can't do there. Do you ride with the sugarloafer club in Bakersfield?

Frazer Mountian is 8500 feet so once there is snow it's there all winter.
They just don't avertise it
I like Mammoth the best and go there once a month.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Sherman Pass is a great place to ride but I like to take my motorhome and you can't do there. Do you ride with the sugarloafer club in Bakersfield?

Frazer Mountian is 8500 feet so once there is snow it's there all winter.
They just don't avertise it
I like Mammoth the best and go there once a month.

We have never been to Frazer sledding. I like to look at that area on the grapevine before Gorman and wonder how much area there is to ride. Where is the trail head and is there a map for trails and boundaries? I would guess access is around Mill or Lockwood Valley. Can you ride Grouse and Pinos? Maybe we could have a group ride?

I am a member of the Sugarloafers and have Roy and gang pull me out while off the trails :D

I pull a piece of junk trailer up Sherman and stay there for a few days.

If you chain up or wait till after the storm when they plow Sherman you should be able to get up there and most guys I met up there will help you.

From where you are at Huntington and Mammoth are about the same distance but Huntington should be faster since they drive fast on the 99.

Last edited:
E

Edsled

Jul 1, 2009
Frazier Park California
We have never been to Frazer sledding. I like to look at that area on the grapevine before Gorman and wonder how much area there is to ride. Where is the trail head and is there a map for trails and boundaries? I would guess access is around Mill or Lockwood Valley. Can you ride Grouse and Pinos? Maybe we could have a group ride?

I am a member of the Sugarloafers and have Roy and gang pull me out while off the trails :D

I pull a piece of junk trailer up Sherman and stay there for a few days.

If you chain up or wait till after the storm when they plow Sherman you should be able to get up there and most guys I met up there will help you.

From where you are at Huntington and Mammoth are about the same distance but Huntington should be faster since they drive fast on the 99.

No you can not ride Pinos. You can go around the snow gate for Frazier but that is about it. Riding in Frazier Park is not all that good but it's nice when it snows to ride right out of the garage.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
No you can not ride Pinos. You can go around the snow gate for Frazier but that is about it. Riding in Frazier Park is not all that good but it's nice when it snows to ride right out of the garage.

I think you are only one in million nearby Los Angeles to say you can sled out of your garage :D

E

Edsled

Jul 1, 2009
Frazier Park California
Well, since you plow I am more confident in your ability to make it up Sherman pass.

Don,
Ok I am back from the out of town work thing. Just to add to what we were talking about. I used to ride with Fred and the club for years but then my family quit on me so I gave it up. No we are going full force back into the ride. We have 5 sleds and like you go to Mamoth and Sherman pass area. Frazier Park has a we don't know rule meaning you can ride but you have to go aroung the gates on the sled. If there is no snow for a mile then you ride on dirt. I ride many miles in Frazier Park I will have to get you more information. Once I pick up the maps I will posT.
Ed

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Don,
Ok I am back from the out of town work thing. Just to add to what we were talking about. I used to ride with Fred and the club for years but then my family quit on me so I gave it up. No we are going full force back into the ride. We have 5 sleds and like you go to Mamoth and Sherman pass area. Frazier Park has a we don't know rule meaning you can ride but you have to go aroung the gates on the sled. If there is no snow for a mile then you ride on dirt. I ride many miles in Frazier Park I will have to get you more information. Once I pick up the maps I will posT.
Ed

Thanks for looking up how to ride Frazier Park. Just try it once to know what it is like.

I know Fred is still around but not sure what he is doing. I think I met him once and said hello.

The Sugarloafers site is : http://www.sugarloafers.com/

Roy seems to run lots of the website and coordinates trips to Sherman. As I commented earlier ... he is a great guy and has pulled me out countless times.

Riders from LA area are the

Southland Sno-Riders
PO Box 3441
Wrightwood, CA 92397
Rep Mike Garland
PO Box 3441
Wrightwood, CA 92397
949-279-3130
Mike71JP@aol.com

I have ridden with Mike a dozen or more times. He is a really great guy and experienced wilderness enthusiast.

Another guy Snoblind who is a most excellent rider lives around Six Flags. At least I think he lives around there.

I think it better we continue this on the California Nevada forum so you can meet the crew.

Premium Features