• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

porting with a turbo 2-stroke

1racer

Dec 4, 2007
I am just curious how any of these sleds work when you port them with a turbo on them? Is there a significant gain or is it just minimal? Does the porting need to be different than when you run with just motor only? Just curious?

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
I am just curious how any of these sleds work when you port them with a turbo on them? Is there a significant gain or is it just minimal? Does the porting need to be different than when you run with just motor only? Just curious?

I don't know for a fact and have never tested this but from what I know, there is a significant difference between NA porting and turbo porting. I don't think NA porting will work well with a turbo. It is designed to use the scavenging effect of the pipe and pull of the intake stroke more effectively. A turbo port job I would think has less to do with the pipe scavenging and more to do with efficient air movement through the motor.
Wish I knew more about the subject. Can anyone out there fill us in?

1racer

Dec 4, 2007
That's kindof what I was thinking but, I do not have any personal experience with a turbo sled that has been ported. Any one else have any opinions on this?

A
Nov 26, 2007
Years ago dynotech did a turbo test on an xlt engine and a xcr engine the xcr engine had more aggressive port timing. The xlt made better power than the xcr when turboed. The Ultra had real aggresive port timing and they did not really respond to turboing at all.

Premium Features