• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Water enters air box Arctic Cat M8 .Help

M
Dec 20, 2018
Hello.
I have a big problem.
When driving in deep, loose snow.
Water enters air box Arctic Cat M8
How to solve this problem?
Help please solve the problem
I will consider all your suggestions.
If possible with photos and links.

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
I haven't looked at mine closely, 2010, but it seems to me like the only place snow could enter is thru the intakes on both sides and I believe there is one near the rear/center of hood.

The filter skin on the hood intakes should be intact. Next, I believe the black intake under the hood might have some foam around where it joins the hood, right behind the skins.

You might also put some more foam around the headlights to seal the gap. I notice my foam is so-so there as well.

I'm assuming stock intake plumbing/plastic is not cracked and the accordian boot is connected.

M
Dec 20, 2018
I haven't looked at mine closely, 2010, but it seems to me like the only place snow could enter is thru the intakes on both sides and I believe there is one near the rear/center of hood.

The filter skin on the hood intakes should be intact. Next, I believe the black intake under the hood might have some foam around where it joins the hood, right behind the skins.

You might also put some more foam around the headlights to seal the gap. I notice my foam is so-so there as well.

I'm assuming stock intake plumbing/plastic is not cracked and the accordian boot is connected.

Everything can remove and make so?
1515920280855_default

1515927164736_default

on how many less will become snow?

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
I dont know. Assumed you were stock but doesnt seem so.

So the filters must connect to an aftermarket boot which connects to airbox??

At this point, if snow is getting in somewhere, you must have a cracked boot or filters are not sealed to boot or filter has a tear or boot seal to throttle bodies is not sealed.

M
Dec 20, 2018
I dont know. Assumed you were stock but doesnt seem so.

So the filters must connect to an aftermarket boot which connects to airbox??

At this point, if snow is getting in somewhere, you must have a cracked boot or filters are not sealed to boot or filter has a tear or boot seal to throttle bodies is not sealed.

I got rid of the water. Pasted all seals, and installed an additional grid. Many thanks for the advice.

At the moment the problem.

When opening at full throttle, there is no traction, as if one cylinder is working, what could be the problem?

This problem periodically manifests itself. Brings terrible discomfort.

Last edited:
Premium Features