• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lightest helmet?

RX1MountainMan

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Harlowton, MT
Hello! My wife had a couple of vertebrae fused in her neck a couple of years back and hasn't really been on a sled since. We are wanting to get her back out but I have been looking for a lighter helmet, we both currently run HJC MX helmets and prefer to stay with an MX helmet goggle set up, anyone know what the lightest but not necessarily the cheapest would be? Carbon fiber?

Thanks

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
I tried the Airoh Avatar, and it was way to tight/narrow than all other helmets I’ve tried. Had to return it, and get the Airoh Terminator. It is just a touch heavyer, but fights like most helmets size wise.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
I ride with three fused since 2012....
I use a leatte brace under a shoei helmet and they work great together.
My brace is adjusted so if my neck gets tired I can lean down a bit and actually rest my helmet on my brace during straight runs. Helps unbelievably to cut fatigue. When standing or turning i can easily lift off the brace and rotate my head freely without dragging on brace.

Best part was my doc got both paid for by insurance through a injury and prosthesis center with a prescription. They professionally adjusted the brace to me and the helmet.

For eight months I thought I would never ride again. Very pleased with this set up.

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
Hello! My wife had a couple of vertebrae fused in her neck a couple of years back and hasn't really been on a sled since. We are wanting to get her back out but I have been looking for a lighter helmet, we both currently run HJC MX helmets and prefer to stay with an MX helmet goggle set up, anyone know what the lightest but not necessarily the cheapest would be? Carbon fiber?

Thanks

What size does she wear? I just listed a size M Klim F5. Super light weight. $350 shipped

Premium Features