• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Odd noise after shut down

TecCrash

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2017
Middleton, ID
I just picked up a '06 700 with 844 miles. brought it home on the 2 Place and then loaded it in the enclosed. We were sitting there having a toddy, and a few minutes after we shut it down, it started making a whining noise that lasted about 45 seconds. WTH ??? So we fired it back up and let it run for a bit and shut it down, and it did it again. Tried it a few more times after that and no noise. Frankly it sounded like a fuel pump running, but it was a few minutes after shutdown. I've been around the early 700-900 IQ's for years and haven't heard this before. Any Ideas?

Thanks!

Chris

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Sometimes there is pressure or vacuum in the fuel tank that is equalizing itself, if that would account for the noise... I know I have had my Pro make a sucking sound after I get off of the seat and that takes the pressure off the fuel tank and it sucks air back in... I know I need to lose a little weight LOL...

TecCrash

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2017
Middleton, ID
Sometimes there is pressure or vacuum in the fuel tank that is equalizing itself, if that would account for the noise... I know I have had my Pro make a sucking sound after I get off of the seat and that takes the pressure off the fuel tank and it sucks air back in... I know I need to lose a little weight LOL...

Good Suggestion, I was thinking that myself. I'll try to get over to the shop on Sunday and check that out.

Thanks!

Premium Features