• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Question: Is it possible. 2011 Silber turbo possibly leaking oil into the coolant?

Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB
I have just noticed this after I bought the sled all setup. One ride down and no problems encountered.

I was just noticing that my coolant jug is darker than others I've seen and the plastic has a brownish tinge above the coolant line. I've dipped the coolant and the fluid isn't foamy on paper towel (might not be an accurate test) And the level indicator hose on the oil tank doesn't seam discolored.

How likely is it that the turbo is letting oil into the coolant? And vice versa?

I'm going to dump the fluids and take a better look. (I've already left a msg for Justin, and am waiting on his word...)

386405_10150499686316718_744746717_11203799_1794750103_n.jpg

Last edited:

Dirt2oil

Lifetime Membership
Sep 4, 2010
My coolant bottle also had the same dark color to it. (2011 BD pro)
I was also concerned at first but kept monitoring all fluid levels and everything seemed fine. Ran all last season with no issues

allied1

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
SE ND
On a side note, that bottle will also fatiuge with age and if you do not tie wrap the bottle to the aluminum tube frame that POS tab with the rivet holding it on will break causing a person considerable amounts of grief!

Y
Mar 9, 2008
claremont mn
coolant bottle

my brothers and i bought 9 used rmks this year and i think about every one of them was this way, if you actually had oil in the coolant it would seperate and be right on the top after it sat for a little while. i would say you have nothing to worry about IMO

Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB
Thanks folks.

I talked to Justin as well and he said he's seen a few like that. And it's pretty much physically impossible for the oil and coolant to mix either way unless the center part of the turbo has a crack in it. Now I just need to find a new Outer wears prefilter. Anyone?? Calgary-ish???

lorne1176

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2010
Red Deer, AB
Thanks folks.

I talked to Justin as well and he said he's seen a few like that. And it's pretty much physically impossible for the oil and coolant to mix either way unless the center part of the turbo has a crack in it. Now I just need to find a new Outer wears prefilter. Anyone?? Calgary-ish???

I've got a couple of new K&N prefilters located in Red Deer that may work for you.

L
Feb 2, 2010
You may want to do a pressure test on your cooling system. As I have seen more than once when the water pump seal starts to fail you end up with oil in you coolant bottle. Maybe just pull your plugs to see if they are creamy. That will tell the story just something to check anyway hope this helps.

Premium Features