• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Open-mouth Open-Nose Hoods to wear while riding?

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Does anyone know of a hood that might be configured like this:

Long hood, can tuck into your coat ... BUT...

Has an "open" mouth 'socket' so to speak, and has an 'open' nose socket so to speak, but perhaps has material to cover the top of yoru nose and you can pull up to right underneath your bottom lip...

I guess what I want is a good that's got ports that you can breathe out of...

I can't breathe worth a damn with the Klim hood I have when it's pulled up around my mouth but I get frost bitten chin and undereyes if it's not pulled up that way :(

B

beer gut

Nov 2, 2004
Centennial, CO
I don't know if this is exactly what you mean, but to keep my nose/mouth warm I use an HJC breath guard.
http://mxdirtrider.com/h-products/pr-accessories-street-hjc-helmet-accessories-cl-14-breath-guard.htm

Keeps you somewhat warm, but you can breathe and your goggles don't fog up so bad. I wear it with a balaclava.

It fits best in HJC hlemets, but it seems to work fine in my ToBe helmet (haven't gotten to ride yet, but it looks good in there).

If I remember right, you have a Klim? If this looks like something that would work, find someone that carries them and take your helmet in to see if it will work...

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I don't know if this is exactly what you mean, but to keep my nose/mouth warm I use an HJC breath guard.
http://mxdirtrider.com/h-products/pr-accessories-street-hjc-helmet-accessories-cl-14-breath-guard.htm

Keeps you somewhat warm, but you can breathe and your goggles don't fog up so bad. I wear it with a balaclava.

It fits best in HJC hlemets, but it seems to work fine in my ToBe helmet (haven't gotten to ride yet, but it looks good in there).

If I remember right, you have a Klim? If this looks like something that would work, find someone that carries them and take your helmet in to see if it will work...

Yes, I do have the Klim ... I've been using the breathe guard that it came with. I have an HJC helmet as well with the breath guard you're speaking of.

The main reason I'm looking for something like this is to cover a little more of my face so I can keep using the 509 goggles (I really like those goggles) without catchign so much wind on my face ...

I guess I could just try cutting some of the fabric out on the mouth of one of my hoods and getting my mom to hem it so it doesn't tear any further ;)

that actually might work well :)

Premium Features