• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Senate bill S1470 Tester's wilderness bill (from CBU)

montanasledder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2001
Butte Montana
Citizens for Balanced Use
Chances of S1470 passage diminishing
Dear Jim,

Your calls and emails have made a difference. Senator Reid has pulled the Senate Omnibus Spending Bill from the floor and is working with Senator McConnell to craft a "Continuing Resolution" to temporarily fund the government through February.

We must make sure Senator Tester's bill does not get included in this
temporary measure.

One call left to make!
Mitch McConnell

202-224-2541

Please let Senator McConnell know the importance of stopping Senator Tester's S1470 Wilderness Bill.

Kerry White
1-406-600-4CBU
Join Our Mailing List
Forward email

T
Nov 26, 2007
coeur dalene, idaho
Tester is try to hot line his bill(S1470 Forest Jobs and Recreation Act) it has been recomended that we call the following senators and voice our concern. I talked to both offices this morning.
We need to call Senator Coburn at 202 224 5754, Senator Murkowski is at 202 224 6665

S1470 has close to 677,000 acres of new Wilderness( many thousands of acres not even recommended for wilderness in the Forest Plan) and approx 300,000 acres of companion designations

Close to 1,000,000 acres of Wilderness and Companion designations so we can log 100,000 acres over a 15 year period.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Helena, MT
He's STILL trying to get this thing passed???
It hasn't passed in the House, tried to attach to a bigger bill....is this guy going to be assissinated if it doesn't pass or something?? Man he just doesn't quite.
Guess he's not worried about getting re-elected either.
Man this guy is a PIA!!!!

cwbyup_22

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Park City, MT
He obviously didn't get the message in Nov, this is exactly the kind of crap that was rejected by the voters. It is time for him to go

X

Xrider

Jul 9, 2001
Montana
He obviously didn't get the message in Nov, this is exactly the kind of crap that was rejected by the voters. It is time for him to go
I think they get it all right, they just don't care. As long as they're in power they'll do whatever they can get away with.

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
so should i be calling mcconnell or coburn/murkowski? i will call tommorow but not sure if it will make much difference because i dont reside in montana. there must be a lot of support for this in montana in order for it to get this far. Or maybee just no opposition by the snowmobilers and other motorized users there. I hate to say it but its gonna take some big closures like this for motorized users to wake up and smell the coffee and realize that if you dont fight for public land access it will be gone.

I

Impatientforsnow

Nov 29, 2007
Gods Country
AWSOME NEWS!!! thanks to all who called wrote ect.

Merry Christmas!

I hope the supporters of CBU understand the impact you
have had during the last days of the 2010 U.S. Congress.
Your calls and emails really made the difference.
Thank You!

Congress has adjourned and returned home for the holidays.
Tester's wilderness bill failed.:party::usa::face-icon-small-hap
We have won this battle.

Have a very Merry Christmas!

Look for CBU to continue to fight in 2011 for multiple use access for recreation, active forest management and responsible natural resource development on our federally managed public lands in Montana.

Enjoy your holiday season with family and friends and be careful
when playing in the great outdoors of Montana.

F

fuzz

Jul 4, 2001
Great Falls,Montana
Wake up, people! It aint over yet. Tester is still trying to push his phony baloney "Jobs", ie. Wilderness bill. He cant get any backing from other Senators (except of course Baucus) so he will still try to attach this to some other big bill. He just had a big article in the Great Falls newspaper touting his ilk. Funny that there is very little, in fact, no mention of the over 1,000,000 acres of new wilderness that is in the bill. Only about 7000 acres per year of "allowed" logging but you can bet your azz that the first time anyone tries to cut timber some greenie group will file a lawsuit with green Judge Molloy. Every survey I have seen shows a majority of Montanans against Testor's bill but he could care less. (even the greenies dont like it because it allows logging)
Contact Testor's office and let them know what you think about his phony legislation.

FYI for non-Montanans, This bill covers access to places like Mt Jefferson and other areas popular with our riders and our visitors, so dont think its just about Montana riders.

According to CBU his new designation for the bill is S268 .(http://balanceduse.org/news/cbu-legal-analysis-tester-wilderness-bill/

Last edited:
Premium Features