• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

600 Polaris RR /800 Mod

C
May 27, 2008
I read a thread on making your 600 RR into an 800, and in the listing it used and showed all Polaris part numbers with a modified stock muffler. If anyone has this info could you please email me.

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
uuuh, just look 3 threads down from this one, the info's all there;)

uuuh, the thread you are refering to is for the 600R, with the iqr 600 specific motor with the 800 bottom end. The 600RR is a 600HO motor. To the best of my knowledge there is not a way to make the 600HO an 800 with OE polaris parts.

To the OP if you have a 600HO the best bang for your buck is a 685 imo

The Bob

Premium Member
Mar 1, 2008
MN
uuuh, the thread you are refering to is for the 600R, with the iqr 600 specific motor with the 800 bottom end. The 600RR is a 600HO motor. To the best of my knowledge there is not a way to make the 600HO an 800 with OE polaris parts.

800 Top end. I am sure that is what you meant. :D

SLP makes and I think Carl's also, a 730 for the 600 HO which is what comes in the 600RR. The 600r has a longer stroke then your 600RR (HO) engine.

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
not the 800 top end. the 600r has the 800 bottom end from the factory, with a smaller bore to acheive the 600cc displacement.

800 Top end. I am sure that is what you meant. :D

SLP makes and I think Carl's also, a 730 for the 600 HO which is what comes in the 600RR. The 600r has a longer stroke then your 600RR (HO) engine.

The Bob

Premium Member
Mar 1, 2008
MN
not the 800 top end. the 600r has the 800 bottom end from the factory, with a smaller bore to acheive the 600cc displacement.

Close. But it the only thing the same on the lower ends between a 600r and a 800 CFI engine is the connecting rod. Guess your original reply was a little confusing. Thanks for the thumbs down though. :D

I would think if you did the 600r to 800 monoblock kit, you could also do Carl's 860 kit cfi with it, but keep it carbed. Maybe not, but that kit does not change the crank.

Last edited:
I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
Close. But it the only thing the same on the lower ends between a 600r and a 800 CFI engine is the connecting rod. Guess your original reply was a little confusing. Thanks for the thumbs down though. :D

I would think if you did the 600r to 800 monoblock kit, you could also do Carl's 860 kit cfi with it, but keep it carbed. Maybe not, but that kit does not change the crank.

We all know they aren't the same bottom ends, part number for part number, what he is referring to is the fact that the 800 monoblock top end bolts right on to the 600r big block motor.

The Bob

Premium Member
Mar 1, 2008
MN
We all know they aren't the same bottom ends, part number for part number, what he is referring to is the fact that the 800 monoblock top end bolts right on to the 600r big block motor.

I know what he is referring to. His original message was kinda confusing about the "600 specific engine w/a 800 bottom end" comment. Made it sound like he was talking about putting a 800 top end on the 600r engine. My bad if I mis-interpreted that.

Not a big deal, I just didn't know we where being so serous on these threads that he had to give my post a negative review. Just smile there guy. :D

P
Mar 12, 2008
sunnyvale trailer park

uuuh, I'm pretty sure most of us here know the rr uses the 600 h.o., and I'm pretty sure the o.p. didn't realize the thread he was inquiring about was not for the h.o.
Pretty safe to assume though that the thread I referred him to was the one he was asking for, but thanks for the thumbs down anyway:beer;:)

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
agreed i'm sure we all know the differences between the two. but...if he has a 600rr then the thread you referred him to does him no good.

i'll give your last thread a thumbs up to make up for it :)

uuuh, I'm pretty sure most of us here know the rr uses the 600 h.o., and I'm pretty sure the o.p. didn't realize the thread he was inquiring about was not for the h.o.
Pretty safe to assume though that the thread I referred him to was the one he was asking for, but thanks for the thumbs down anyway:beer;:)

The Bob

Premium Member
Mar 1, 2008
MN
thumbs up and down.

Meat Hooker, I don't think just because there is a thumbs up and thumbs down you need to use it on every message. Specially seeing's how you it looks like you are trying to sell a product to people. It's just a quick way to piss people off. Not what I think a SMART business owner would do. :light:

A
Nov 27, 2007
Grand Marais, MN
easy.....

easy there Hoss, no use getting your panties all bunched up over a thumbs down...I still love you and as long as you still got you pizza oven, you got a spot in my trailer.

Last edited:
A
Nov 27, 2007
Grand Marais, MN
Lol

No, I am turning over a new leaf...rather than spout angry insults my goal is to act as a big brother (especially to Tblade0123) and steer him through the obstacle course of being nice online. For the duochebags that insult me, my friends or the integrity of what we are trying to do here I am going to break out the thesaurus and try and insult people with wit and charm. The goal is to call someone a douche without them knowing. Now that is funny.

I
Jan 22, 2009
No, I am turning over a new leaf...rather than spout angry insults my goal is to act as a big brother (especially to Tblade0123) and steer him through the obstacle course of being nice online. For the duochebags that insult me, my friends or the integrity of what we are trying to do here I am going to break out the thesaurus and try and insult people with wit and charm. The goal is to call someone a douche without them knowing. Now that is funny.

You called me a douche over at hardcore and I didn't even know it, didn't you? SHlT! And I thought you were just being nice...

The Bob

Premium Member
Mar 1, 2008
MN
huh

I didn't spout any insults. I was just informing someone that he didn't need to thumbs up or thumbs down every message. I don't care if I have a thumbs down. I just realized he was thumbing down everyone that didn't have anything "HE THOUGHT" was informative, even when he didn't start the thread. Sorry if I was taken out of context. :) I know you are a devout Feethooker user and someday so may I be.

Whatever, and I even had a extra pizza oven for you! We just broke up!

P.S. Is this the same attitude you would of had with Mr. Fastenal at the car races this weekend? :D You pacifist!! Haha.

Premium Features