• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Contest!! Free 800 Big Block

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
Contest!! FREE Polaris 800 Big Block

I have a really fondness for the old 2003 - 2005 800 Polaris Big Block. ( reason for 2003/2005 ) I would like it built from the edge chassis.

This contest is for the kids getting into the sport. And Mountain riding. ( This is not a flatlander contest. )

what i am looking for................

A Story.............. I want to hear about the purchase of an 2002 to 2005 800 RMK Vertical Edge with a blowen motor with the sole purpose of a complete Father Son rebuild with pictures from start to finish.

I will doante a complete rebuild of the blowen motor at no charge.

I deal with a few great venders that i am sure will add to the project.

I really do NOT want anyone to go out and buy a sled just to try and win the contest, sense there is only going to be one winner there would be more bad then good that would come from this.

I am doing this in hopes that another 800 RMK Polaris Big Block gets saved and the true greatness of these sleds is seen, and one of our kids has a story thats burned into his ( or hers ) mind forever.

I will let you people choose a winner 05/01/2008

may the pictures and the story bring us a winner.

Thanks, Dan

Last edited:
S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Twister kinda acts like my dad, does that count...... :rolleyes:

Great contest Dan I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I first saw the post I was thinking kewl......I could use a motor, where can I sign up. Then I read the post. Crap, I would have to build a time machine, get my dad out of jail, and a bunch of other things to win..... I give up...:face-icon-small-win

Last edited:

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
???????

the edge 800 came out in 2001. i ride one.

OPPS!! I didn't know they made the RMK EDGE in 2001, I thought they started in 2002. I remember the 2001 151 Snow check was a Gen 2. I guess you never know what Polaris thru out there in prototype land.

Well at any rate, I want to see it built from the RMK platform.

This is more of mountain forum and thats the dirrection I would like to see it go, The last thing I want to see is a cobbled-up XC flatland sled turned Mountain sled that doesn't do anything very good. seen way to many of these.

If anyone thinks of any ideas to refine this to make it better or simpler let me know.

Thanks, Dan

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
A Story.............. I want to hear about the purchase of an 2002 to 2005 800 RMK Vertical Edge with a blowen motor with the sole purpose of a complete Father Son rebuild with pictures from start to finish.

Dan... I am little confused. Does that mean if the project is complete already, that you will go through the motor again? or give them a whole new motor???

Also, might want to include Father/Daughter(I know thats what it would be in my household), mother/daughter, & maybe kid/mentor kind of situation. A age "guideline" might be helpful too.

There was no Edge RMK in 01', just shorties. I know, I had one we longtracked....

Again, this is incredible. Its about a 2500$ freebie, by the time you are done with the motor.

heinracing

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
mina sd
there were long track 01 rmks with the 800 not sure why you thinnk there are not

S

Sledsniper

Nov 26, 2007
Eastern Montana
I traded for an 01 800 RMK 151 with a blown motor,for my 15 year old daughter,we did't take any pics and allready have it done she's pretty proud of it.
Race twins,Vforce Reeds,Team Secondary,Taller RTI Post,Renthall Pro Taper Bars.
She Rides better then some of the grown men that we ride with.Thats where I get my enjoyment.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
Clarification

Really want to keep it simple.

I am hoping someone out there has a 2002 800 Edge RMK Or better yet 2003 or newer Vertical Escape with electric Reverse. ( one of my all time favorite sleds. ). Thats has a bad motor and they are wondering what to do with it.

I would like to see pictures of it from start to finish, I would like to see the sled pictures now complete before tear down. and a picture of the father son ( or Daughter ). then pictures of the tear down and crating the motor for shipping.

the whole process.

I will also include pictures of the motor inspection and the rebuild process of the complete Torque Master motor that will go back in the sled.

Thanks, Dan

G
Nov 28, 2007
Montana
I am a paraplegic sledjunky that has a decent Polaris chassis with no engine. I built a very potent 800 with big brg. kit for my oldest son. I had to sell the motor as he needed money for apt. at school in Missoula Mt. Therefore he has been unable to sled with me. I bought a new Shift and now he is unable to tag along. Sled is complete except for engine. My son is 19, signed by Candlelight Records to go on tour this summer in Europe. I would love for him and I to spend some father/son time together before he goes. As a para I am financially embarassed. He was bummed about sale of engine but what could I do? It ran hard for him the couple times he got to ride it and like I said I had to find him a place to live. He wouldnt be able to help too much as he is in school,but said he would come home to help and take pics. I have lots of parts (extra) from two seperate but broken 800's. Would love to enter contest...

p.s. running outta people to dig me out :)

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
What Year & Model 800 Is It???

I am a paraplegic sledjunky that has a decent Polaris chassis with no engine. I built a very potent 800 with big brg. kit for my oldest son. I had to sell the motor as he needed money for apt. at school in Missoula Mt. Therefore he has been unable to sled with me. I bought a new Shift and now he is unable to tag along. Sled is complete except for engine. My son is 19, signed by Candlelight Records to go on tour this summer in Europe. I would love for him and I to spend some father/son time together before he goes. As a para I am financially embarassed. He was bummed about sale of engine but what could I do? It ran hard for him the couple times he got to ride it and like I said I had to find him a place to live. He wouldnt be able to help too much as he is in school,but said he would come home to help and take pics. I have lots of parts (extra) from two seperate but broken 800's. Would love to enter contest...

p.s. running outta people to dig me out :)

Please post a picture of the sled with out the motor, and a picture of the 800 engine parts you have.

Good story, Kids are expensive. You shouldn't feel bad about what you had to do.

Dan

Premium Features