• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MPI Electronic Altitude Boost Compensation!

Matt@MPI

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2010
EABC - Electronic Altitude Boost Compensation!
(maintains sea-level boost HP across all altitudes and all pressure variations)

This Version Includes:
- EABC Plug and Play Electronics
- Special High Performance Solenoid (Boost control Solenoid)
- Mounting Hardware
- Plumbing
- This model interfaces directly into your MPI GEMS controller used on all MPI Viper turbo kits.

The EABC is an electronic Turbo Boost Controller that automatically compensates for altitude and barometric pressure variations. This model is pre-programmed to provide 5 PSI of boost at typical "sea-level" riding conditions. It will automatically increase boost as you ride or travel up and down. At high altitudes this unit compensates giving you the same
sea-level" Horse Power by increasing Boost levels to as much as 8 PSI (Pump gas limit). There is nothing for you to adjust. It's Smart, It's Simple and It's Sound.

Because the Boost control is electronic, your vehicle will accelerate faster. That's because a manual boost system has a set pressure. Say, for example 6psi. So at 6 psi the Turbo's mechanical actuator opens the correct amount to provide 6 psi. BUT.. as the manual boost control system accelerates from 0 to 6 psi, the actuator is already opening (or simply put, as you accelerate through 3 psi, the mechanical system is already bypassing some boost) causing slower acceleration.

Since this system is electronic, it holds the actuator closed until set boost is achieved. This results in faster acceleration. The system is also designed to give you a "kick" as you slap the throttle closed giving you a couple of seconds of about 1/2 PSI of over-boost. Just enough to get the clutches shifted....

Simple snap the Plug & Play harness into 3 connectors, cut your manual boost line in the middle and install the 2 way solenoid and you're done.

If you decide to go past the 5 psi base kit setting (over 8 psi at high altitude), your controller can be reprogramming at MPI.
For more information check our website.http://viper-mountainperformance-co...-Turbo-Boost-Controller-Compensator_p_31.html

BoostControlViper_zpsfc0b54cf.jpg

Last edited:
P

ps

Oct 24, 2010
hi matt , will this work better than the prologer ?

Matt@MPI

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2010
hi matt , will this work better than the prologer ?

It works as good as the prologger for controlling boost but without all the buttons. Truly plug it in and go ride. The prologger is great for adjusting boost.

sidehil

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Federal Way
Ordered one last night, have to install the roll over valve too so might as well gitter done together. And I told myself not to go done this slippery slope of mods and I would be happy with the base kit that lasted for two rides under boost, everything has been flawless so far:face-icon-small-hap

Matt@MPI

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2010
Ordered one last night, have to install the roll over valve too so might as well gitter done together. And I told myself not to go done this slippery slope of mods and I would be happy with the base kit that lasted for two rides under boost, everything has been flawless so far:face-icon-small-hap

Yours shipped out today. Thanks for the order!

sidehil

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Federal Way
How about some more clutching info, at 6k it seems okay but I'm still being nice to the poor thing, you guys got the stuff for 4 to 7 K what do I need for MT Baker at 10k, a lot to ask from sea level to drinking beer at the crater:))) to much to ask for and I know the answer:):face-icon-small-coo

S

Shred4Ever

Nov 2, 2013
One would assume this c/w the kit from MPI... ie snow check program etc? Correct or incorrect?

Last edited:

sidehil

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Federal Way
Now I get to take the hood off again! ROV valve install too! Guess I'll check the oil for chits and giggles to:face-icon-small-coo

image.jpg

Premium Features