• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2007 Polaris FST Switchback/RMK build

1RMDave

Aug 23, 2010
Well I will start with a list of what I've done and where I'm at currently. I bought the sled with 300 miles on it in January of 07. Up until last year I really only trail rode it, one trip out west changed my riding completely. I no longer ride trails.

Garrett gt2554r turbo running 20 psi
custom exhaust manifold and exhaust/muffler
DevilsOwn water meth kit
Venting from Mountainfit hoods and SLP
Holz a-arms and spindles
Fox Float2's in front
Slydog Powder Hounds
Challenger 151x2
2012 Timbersled Mtn. Tamer
WRP running boards
Fly 4-6" adjustable riser
Fly Handlebar

I think thats most of it, I'll add more if I remember. I've shaved about 40 lbs off it at this point and would still like to remove the headlight and get a light weight battery. Hopefully I'll have skid put in in the next week. Had the big turbo on for last year already, it is MUCH faster than anything else I've ever ridden.

Last edited:

slash

Parts Moderator & Chat Box Cop
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2008
IDAHO FALLS 83404
ok DAVE what are you using for a brake ? I know your stuation was just wondering as its not visable....I have a frend with no right thumb so he has everything put on the left side..I cant even begin to ride it keep pullin the wrong trigger..

1RMDave

Aug 23, 2010
Hey, thanks guys! I know the FST is a bit of a redheaded step child.
The engine is a 750cc turbo factory. Stock is 14 psi on a very small turbo making 140hp. I'd guess I'm at about 220hp now.

I'll update my handlebar pics, I got a brake master cylinder from a victory motorcycle. I'm pretty excited, this will be my first year with brakes!!!

To those that don't know, I have no left hand. I cut it off in a grain auger when I was very young.

J
Dec 2, 2002
Monticello, MN
Hey, thanks guys! I know the FST is a bit of a redheaded step child.
The engine is a 750cc turbo factory. Stock is 14 psi on a very small turbo making 140hp. I'd guess I'm at about 220hp now.

I'll update my handlebar pics, I got a brake master cylinder from a victory motorcycle. I'm pretty excited, this will be my first year with brakes!!!

To those that don't know, I have no left hand. I cut it off in a grain auger when I was very young.

Kudos to you for not letting that get in your way of sledding :D

Do you have any vids of this sled on the hill?

The FST could've been more and maybe it will be re-invented after Polaris watches the hype play out with the Cats?

Cool build man.

Last edited:

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
I highly doubt polaris is going to revamp the FST. We use it for our Clean Snowmobile Challenge engine and I slowly see Polaris going away from it. It's getting harder and harder to get engine components for it.

Not to hijack, but later in the spring I will post pics of our sled. We have the FST mounted in a 2011 Assault chassis with a short track. Hope to be lighter than 550lbs full of fluids...

1RMDave

Aug 23, 2010
I highly doubt polaris is going to revamp the FST. We use it for our Clean Snowmobile Challenge engine and I slowly see Polaris going away from it. It's getting harder and harder to get engine components for it.

Not to hijack, but later in the spring I will post pics of our sled. We have the FST mounted in a 2011 Assault chassis with a short track. Hope to be lighter than 550lbs full of fluids...

That is awesome, I definately want to see some pics!!! What engine components are you having trouble getting?

1RMDave

Aug 23, 2010
Kudos to you for not letting that get in your way of sledding :D

Do you have any vids of this sled on the hill?

The FST could've been more and maybe it will be re-invented after Polaris watches the hype play out with the Cats?

Cool build man.

Thanks, no vids with everything done. At this point I'm building mine to compete with the m1100t.

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
Neet build Dave, I always wanted to do up a FST. Be cool to see what it does against a 1100t cat

1RMDave

Aug 23, 2010
Thanks! Unfortunately I can't see myself running into any m1100t's.
Here's some updated pics from the weekend.

Premium Features