• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2007 ski-doo xrs 800 mild build

tnt-salvage

Lifetime Membership
Nov 5, 2011
vernon bc canada
hello everyone im new to this site and like it very much, not sure as to where newbies say hello but i thought i would post it in here and share with you all what i ride and a little info on me.

my dad owns a sled shop in the north okanagan called REDLINE RECREATION. we do full service work sell new aftermarket parts aswell as quality used parts for sled new and old, the newer stuff is slowing coming in but its hard to buy wrecked sleds in our area. feel free to give us a call tuesday-friday 9:30-5:30 and saturday 9:30-2:00 1 250 546 8872 my names tyler.

well on to my current sled, I can not take credit for this build, i bought this sled from my grandfather which some of the local guys from my area on here might know him, Cliff Schmidt. (hes 77 years old) his ridding partner most of the time is Jimmy Moore. he bought this sled new had spent countless hours tunning,and saving weight where ever he can, hes very perticular on his sleds, they always preform.

heres a list of what has been done to this sled:

the side doors have been drilled full of holes as you will see in the pictures i post later on, to keep things running cooler and save a little weight, he continued to the rear skid rails with his drill and drilled varilous sizes of holes from one end to the other stickly to bring the weight down, all of the foam from under the hoos has been removed aswell. next he installed Vforce delta 3 reeds, SLP 13,000+ head, SLP Y pipe and can, sled still has the stock pipe. as far as i know there has been no porting to this engine. i believe he rode the sled for a year before adding a NOS system he tried the HOLTZ kit and was not happy with the way it was working so he then tried the BOONDOCKER kit, again not happy with how it was working. so he built his own kit using parts from both kits, in the end its around 45H.P. gain. he owend a few revs prior to this sled ( one he got from ski-doo for free to ride and do what ever he wanted to for the season for R&D) so he had the team clutch from that sled which did nothing for the 07 xrs, the gearing has been changed aswell as the clutch calibration, (i dont know the specs on these). he replaced the 159" with a 162" challenger extreme 2 3/8 " and dropped and pulled the skid back for the extra track length. if your wondering what the blue stuff is under the tunnel above the track, its cut up crazy carpets haha so the snow dose not stick to the inside of the tunnel. like i said he builds his sled to work not for show.

if your wondering about the engine and if its original, well no he took one piston out setting his nitrous up, then im not sure what happened but the second time it was a complete new long block installed. which has never been touched. also the first ride of this sleds life almost ended it due to hitting a rock, the bulk head dose have the slightest tweak to it now after hours and hours of chaining it down with come alongs to pull it straight, as replaceing it was out of the question at the time. so you will notice in the pics the left hand side lower A arm looks like it was once broken, but what really happened was its been shortened do to the crash. well sorry for the long story book but i enjoy reading post on here.

ill update this post once i finish my graphic's package and polishing.
S6300049.jpg

S6300047.jpg

S6300048.jpg

179427_10150135873485435_599380434_8477437_2204850_n.jpg

179383_10150135872305435_599380434_8477418_5379524_n.jpg

S6300167.jpg

the start of my slep wrap and a section of our show room in our shop
S6300168.jpg

S6300165.jpg

little preview of what will be on the side doors this is the right hand side
tp.jpg

this is the left side door
tn.jpg

C
Mar 20, 2011
very nice. Anything else you planning on doing for performance or weight loss ? Also was drilling holes in the rails really worth it ? Have you ever cracked rails ? Also did he have mesh on the side pannel "door" to prevent snow from getting in ?

T

tjc

Jan 8, 2008
your grandfather is the man 77 years old with nitrous? sweet.

I hope I can move around at that age.

tnt-salvage

Lifetime Membership
Nov 5, 2011
vernon bc canada
sorry guys i have been away from this site for a while, i just noticed two small cracks in each rail. but keep in mind there is 6500 miles on this sled and only two small cracks. yes there is slp screen behind the holes in the clutch door. here are sum up to date pics

S6300361-1.jpg

S6300360.jpg

S6300362-1.jpg

Premium Features