• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 D8T Build

W

wsellars

Feb 19, 2008
Pullman Wa
09 D8 155 Turbo. I'll start by thanking Justin at Code Red Performance. He has answered all my questions very quickly. To start out a few of the parts are from an 09 boondockers kit and some are new so it wasnt a brand new kit when I bought it.
I would also like to thank EricW for all his help throughout the install and the use of his shop and tools. Couldnt have done it without you.

To start out the build I bought a Skinz mesh hood off of Ebay for a great deal and began by assembling it.
Fitment is ok, The frame is what I would call a "bend to fit" but the final product looks pretty good.
IMG_0672.jpg

Pic of the Gauge and KOSO mounted up
IMG_0764.jpg

Next the tank was took off and then the Better Boards were installed.
IMG_0669-1.jpg

Love the Boards they are a great product and wouldnt dream of riding without them. No more Ice build up or slipping off the side of the sled when boondocking. Everybody needs a set of Better Boards
IMG_0671.jpg

Next was the Boondocker box and EBC mount. Just used some Aluminum plate and a piece of strap for the EBC.
IMG_0695.jpg

IMG_0696.jpg

Intake Boot support installed
IMG_0701.jpg

Mini-cooler installed w/Fan. Installed the temp sensor on the front side.
IMG_0703.jpg

Made my own mount using the stock air box hold down and a rubber plug.
IMG_0711.jpg

Mounted the turbo, ran the coolant and oil lines and the boost actuator line.
Got the pipe welded and the extra springs installed. Cut out tunnel for the exhaust and covered the gear case cover with heat tape.
IMG_0746.jpg

After wrapping up the plumbing we primed the oil pump using a battery and checked for leaks before the sled was fired up.
Also installed Mountain fit gas rack and Skinz underseat bag to wrap everything up
IMG_0756.jpg

Overall the install went great and would like to thank EricW for all his help and the use of his shop and the questions that Justin has answered.
Any questions or comments feel free to ask.
To come, better pictures (stupid Iphone pics) Helmet light, and lots of Race Gas!

Last edited:
W

wsellars

Feb 19, 2008
Pullman Wa
First ride I was 50%110 and 50% 91 non-ethanol. since I have ran about 3 or 4 gallons 110 with non-ethanol all at 8 PSI. Turned it up to 9.6 today with no Deto riding about 6K feet.

Premium Features