• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

just bought 08 summitt

R
Sep 1, 2009
Any advsie on things i need to change right away . Just pick up 2 used and all recalls done . I know they need a vent kit any other things . 08 800r 154 track. Any issuses i should be awar of.

K

kodpkd

Nov 28, 2007
Loveland, CO
xp 08

OH, yea... I think you should buy a 800 lb Yammy.. you will love it..

I have 1300 miles on my 08 XP... love it.... Keep the clutches cool.. Take the plastic part on the clutch guard off.. Vent the left side,,, not the right side. HPS can... Maybe a Y pipe, If you ride in DEEP snow... Make a screen kit to keep snow out if the intake.. The skis are ok.... but if you want more aggressive skis,, go with Power Pro's.. To bad you are not in Colorado. Try to get a good dealer that knows what he is doing,,,, with a good setup...Maybe take the sway bar off, & tighten up the front springs. Then go have fun....

T

tranquillicer

Nov 27, 2007
Sask. Canada
OH, yea... I think you should buy a 800 lb Yammy.. you will love it..

I have 1300 miles on my 08 XP... love it.... Keep the clutches cool.. Take the plastic part on the clutch guard off.. Vent the left side,,, not the right side. HPS can... Maybe a Y pipe, If you ride in DEEP snow... Make a screen kit to keep snow out if the intake.. The skis are ok.... but if you want more aggressive skis,, go with Power Pro's.. To bad you are not in Colorado. Try to get a good dealer that knows what he is doing,,,, with a good setup...Maybe take the sway bar off, & tighten up the front springs. Then go have fun....
Just to validate my statement, I've owned '07 and '08 Summit and 4 new Rev chasis prior to that. If you've had good luck with your '08 then that's great. I had all the issues that my '08 Summit riding buddies had(4 of them) except the blown engines. Obviously they are a good format but were lacking in R&D. Not a consumers job to do R&D for BRP. 1500-2000mi is where the cranks have been failing on the 800R, hope you don't have to deal with that.

Premium Features