• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

adjustable ski stance?

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
the stance is adjusted by moving the spacers on the ski spindle where the ski bolts to the spindle. not very much adjustment there. if you want narrow put all the spacers on the inside of the spindle and wider put them on the outside.

if you need pics i will try to take some.

R
Apr 20, 2009
vernon bc
well its kinda the david vs galiath thing going on here. little david vs big sled lol i just wanted to narrow it a bit so its easier to pull over and the other reason is to fit it in my truck

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
well its kinda the david vs galiath thing going on here. little david vs big sled lol i just wanted to narrow it a bit so its easier to pull over and the other reason is to fit it in my truck

Have you considered removing the sway bar?

There are other methods ... good ones like HOLZ or Barbuster suspensions but cost $$$.

Can remember but think fusion suspension is wider?

For the truck ... why doesn't it fit?

R
Apr 20, 2009
vernon bc
ya i might just take off the swaybar but the truck is 40" between the wheel wells and the sled is 41-42 i think.... mind you my onld 78 blizzard 6500 mod was 52" but i didnt want it to sit on the wheel wells. the extra lenth of the 900 i would need it to sit flat in the box........ i know i have been told about 150times now but NO im not buying a new truck lol. thanks for the help

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
ya i might just take off the swaybar but the truck is 40" between the wheel wells and the sled is 41-42 i think.... mind you my onld 78 blizzard 6500 mod was 52" but i didnt want it to sit on the wheel wells. the extra lenth of the 900 i would need it to sit flat in the box........ i know i have been told about 150times now but NO im not buying a new truck lol. thanks for the help

Maybe you can get some lumber and have the skies ride on the lumber and or get an used truck bed liner from the junk yard for $20 and cut it up to keep the new truck bed clean.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
the stance is adjusted by moving the spacers on the ski spindle where the ski bolts to the spindle. not very much adjustment there. if you want narrow put all the spacers on the inside of the spindle and wider put them on the outside.

if you need pics i will try to take some.

I just took my original '05 spindles off my 900 a couple days ago and there was no adjustment built in. What I thought was a single spacer was just a wide bushing which I could not move around. The '06 and up spindles use the dual spacers that you are referring to, but the junk 05's weren't adjustable as I found out when I took them off.

:beer;:beer;

Premium Features