• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED A 2019 AXYS 850 ENGINE FAILURE ?

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
After hearing about the oil line coming off I pulled my secondary off to take a look. The clamps are not on very well. I managed to push this one up above the barb.
This is great info to help sledders prevent damage. It's got a pic and a description of what Teth-air did.
Polaris could start to pay SW as quality control staff.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Mike

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2011
0.2 miles on it from driving around the camp yard once. Shut it down to gear up and it will not start, but pulls over. It’s going to the dealer tomorrow.

Also, when I pulled the plugs, there was some black rubber pieces clinging to the insulator.

Last edited:
J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
0.2 miles on it from driving around the camp yard once. Shut it down to gear up and it will not start, but pulls over. It’s going to the dealer tomorrow.

Its not blown up...It’s likely flooded, or fouled a plug. Either leave it for awhile and try again...or hold it wide open and pull until it starts. Or pull the plugs out and dry them/replace as needed.

Mike

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2011
Its not blown up...It’s likely flooded, or fouled a plug. Either leave it for awhile and try again...or hold it wide open and pull until it starts. Or pull the plugs out and dry them/replace as needed.

Thanks for the suggestion, but i tried everything you mentioned and more.

C
Dec 15, 2017
My buddys new 850 had that same oil line come off. The one that teth-aire got the pic of. Sled ran for for a couple hours at least without it. Carl's is fixing the line and seems to think engine will be ok.?

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
A friend towed one out from Big Sky this weekend with a locked up motor. Had 50 miles on it. Saw the video of 3 sleds linked together (2 pulling) to get it up the hill from where they were. I don't know any more details other than that.

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
Upon looking at the display model engine and the pre-production engines many months ago, why is the piston skirt not dry moly coated on the burned down (low voltage) engine, like the cut away engine? It is a single ring piston that is out of a new 850 Patriot correct? Or is it a 850 Doo piston? Wouldn't Polaris use the same moly coated pistons as in their cut-away engine, or did they go cheap upon production? Please don't think I am a nay sayer, but just very curious as to why the change? Mike

Last edited:
Premium Features