• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Installation and Review: SKINZ Nytro "Air Frame" Seat Kit

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
If I had rolled it all together into one project, then yes, I would agree with you.
But I purposely broke it apart so that other members that followed along later would be able to find the information much more easily.

←snow∞motion→

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2010
WY
So a work in progress can also be concidered a build,
which there is also a section for that.
It can be located here: http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=303

seat, exhaust, running boards. sounds like a build compared to some stuff on there.

Who cares! If it's located in "Martha Stewart's Living" for "decorating" his sled, who cares. It's good information, there might be people interested in doing the "same" thing.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Who cares! If it's located in "Martha Stewart's Living" for "decorating" his sled, who cares. It's good information, there might be people interested in doing the "same" thing.
Who knows why he is trying so hard to make it an issue.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Found a shop in Rexburg that can do it for me.
I need to pre-drill some additional holes I think for the riveting and get them deburred, then I can get it powder coated.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Sweet.
I am waiting on the cover plate getting powdercoated for the under the tunnel exhaust conversion before I can install the new seat.

T
Mar 4, 2009
Molalla Oregon
Just installed mine on the Apex ... didn't want to Rivit it so it is bolted and removeable

I just oredered a skinz seat for my nytro with Van Amburg tunnel. Looks like you did a little fab work to get the seat to fit. What did you have to do the seat to make it work on the tunnel. I beleive i'm going to have to widen the seat bars to get it to fit on my tunnel.

M

merlin2569

Jan 13, 2008
Clarkfield, MN
Those seats look sweet! I have a trailtank on my Nytro. Does anybody know if these seats will fit with the trailtanks? If anybody could let me know that would be great!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Before mounting the seat, there is a small strip of foam that has to be installed on the tunnel. They suggest cleaning the tunnel with alcohol first.
picture.php

picture.php

Positioned the seat on the tunnel and lined up the REAR mount with the pre-existing tunnel holes and set the bolts in place.

picture.php

I had my son hop on the seat to add some down force to the front end before I marked and center punched the spot to drill through for the front mounting holes.
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Two minor comments on the seat.

#1.
The front end of the seat does not fit as snugly against the fuel tank as I might like. There is a very small flair on the corners that pulls the seat away from the plastic just a bit.
picture.php

On the left side of the tunnel, the two flanges that were riveted would NOT make a metal to metal contact with the tunnel. They are simply too wide and stand off the side of the tunnel by about 1/8th of an inch. I drilled out the rivets and tried setting them a 2nd time to see if there was any way to snug them down, but it was to no avail, the metal frame of the seat was just slightly too wide. If I had not had the seat powdercoated, I could probably have gently bent the flanges down a bit more on a work bench and got them to make metal to metal contact. But as it is, I would have had to trash the powder coating to make that happen.
picture.php

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
And I can't wait to get ON the thing and take it for a ride and see just how well it really works in the real world.

The seat certainly LOOKS AWESOME on the sled right now.

Just hope it performs as well as it looks!!

S

stopdropanroll

Feb 17, 2009
Fall River Wi
Chris,

I would recommend either installing a nutsert or nut and bolt the side flange and use some washers to take up the space in between the tunnel and bracket. This will help it to not distort the tunnel and make it removable if you need to pull the tank.

Premium Features