• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Solutions for adding XM Radio to a vehicle factory radio system?

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
What solutions are there to adding XM radio to your factory deck that you can mount CLEANLY ...

I bought the "Wal Mart" Sirius kit once and took it back because it sucked so bad and there was no real way to mount it.

FYI, I have a 2005 GM/Bose "Premium" stereo in my truck ...6 disc changer and all, but it didn't come with XM ... can I just somehow add XM to that so I can still use my steering wheel controls?

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
Aftermarket receiver is probably your best bet... there's a few that have adapt-o-matics that let you use the steering wheel controls.

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
Don't look past the Sirius Stiletto 100. Basically a TIVO for radio (pause, rewind, record, etc). Have 100 hours of free music from it. Plus you can undock it and go mobile sat radio.

Anyone know if XM/Sirius officially merged? Noticed a bunch o' new channels lately.

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
Yes they merged a few months ago........

Some Sirius channels went away, some XM went away, got rid of duplication

S

snoblinders

the stock xm reciever is behind the glovebox and just plugs into the stock radio.

Check tssradio.com for the units, i know they have sirius replacements for the stock xm, they might have xm units too.

I'm changing mine to sirius, i have an '07 Chev p/u, and will have no use for the xm reciever when done, all you would need is the antenna. You can have mine for the shipping when i change it out and its on a free trial right now.

The xm satelite is low in the southern sky of the US, so any time your on the north side of a mtn you loose reception, specially up here in Canada. Sirius has geo sync satelites so not so bad.

heres the link http://www.tss-radio.com/sirius-connect-sirgm1-p-228.html

Last edited:
Premium Features