• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris 2020 Hi-Res Photos and Specs

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
So they did exactly what every one on here asked for on the 850 motor. And a cool new package aimed at the “new school” style riders. Plus BNG, and an RMK version of the EVO (also what many asked for when that sled debuted). Can’t say they’e not trying...that’s pretty solid given a new motor just last year. Plus a 3” Timbersled.

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
BNGs, yes.. but; SKS 146

Edit: see it is switchback configuration..

Sent fra min S60 via Tapatalk

Last edited:

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
So they did exactly what every one on here asked for on the 850 motor. And a cool new package aimed at the “new school” style riders. Plus BNG, and an RMK version of the EVO (also what many asked for when that sled debuted). Can’t say they’e not trying...that’s pretty solid given a new motor just last year. Plus a 3” Timbersled.
3" Timbersled? 3"??

Sent fra min S60 via Tapatalk

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Typically see these kind of releases for the last year of a chassis program, of course. Last two Poo new chassis releases were on short-tracks, first, but given the shift in new sled sales by region, and riding styles, they are just as likely to intro the next RMK chassis in 2021.

Big picture - sled biz may be hitting another inflection point in it's history, with low volumes and high prices at last condensing real new product into a handful of years, while the two lower volume players try to sort out there sales and channel issues. We'll know in three years looking in the rear view mirror.

Rebranding the Assault, if that's what it really is, just marketecture, and competing with the Freeride and Hardcore dollars. I have to believe they've lost share in the segment, and think a new dress will help get her more dates.

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO

Yup - but you are going to always have complainers. Way to go Polaris! I for one love the Khaos wrap - I'd get the Plum Crazy! Just wish they had done the shorty tunnel ...

I'm gonna go order an RMK EVO for the grandkids !

I think this was a pretty darn good bunch of changes in one year if you ask me. Good job Poo!

snowdog484

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Winsted, MN
I gotta say that I like playing with the color options on there snow check program. Pretty cool.

BLSDEEP

Lifetime Membership
Dec 18, 2007
Bozeman
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FSnoWestMagazine%2Fvideos%2F2323169631275269%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

is it just me or is the front track shock disconnected in this video?

polarisperformance

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Québec
I am trying to decide if I snowcheck a khaos 850 with beltdrive or chaincase, Do you think the belt drive is now as reliable as the chaincase.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Seems to be ...

Belt drive has been refined from what I can see since the poor rollout in 2013

The quick drive as I understand it is actually less expensive to manufacture than the chain drives... but still not as robust in my opinion... they still are not running it on race sleds for a reason IMO. Though I've seen some high hp turbo'd 163's with 3" tracks run them without fail !

Last edited:
J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
S
I am trying to decide if I snowcheck a khaos 850 with beltdrive or chaincase, Do you think the belt drive is now as reliable as the chaincase.

Absolutely. Since 2014. Only issue from then on was bolts breaking ...which was also rectified years ago. Belt drive 2.6 is a better overall sled. 3” is if you just gotta have a 3”

Premium Features