• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Should I add electric start to snow check?

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Watch out for SCAMMERS!

Red flags . . .
Newly joined the forum, and have a link in their post.
DON'T EVER click on those links gentlemen!! :)

ENDO1

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2008
Central WA State
E start

A few years ago I took everything their is to an E start off a 2011 Pro, wires bolts, starter, Bendex , everything, If memory serves me right it all weighed around 27 lbs.
I run E start now on all my sleds, my new 850 Khaos will have one on it to. Light weight can and Battery will off set a lot of the extra E start weight.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
I think for most riders it's totally a personal preference thing. I like the simplicity and weight savings of going without, but then I ride a 600 that definitely doesn't need any extra weight, and is easy as pie to start unless it's dead cold. For a power user spending thousand$ on lightweight parts, it doesn't make much sense unless they need it. If you need it (bad shoulder or whatnot), then you need it. Of course, most riders (including myself, at least at this point) might not even notice the weight difference in a blind test.

I'd look at it like this: on the one hand, if starting a sled has never bothered you, then why spend money and add weight with ES? On the other hand, if you want it, you'll probably notice the convenience more than the extra weight.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
If you trail ride, e-start isn't needed since you are not starting and stopping your sled all day.

Off trail, you need to balance the energy used carrying around an extra 20+ pounds all day versus dozens of pull starts. For me, the energy used for dozens of pull starts justifies e-start or its equivalent (SHOT).

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
If you trail ride, e-start isn't needed since you are not starting and stopping your sled all day.

Off trail, you need to balance the energy used carrying around an extra 20+ pounds all day versus dozens of pull starts. For me, the energy used for dozens of pull starts justifies e-start or its equivalent (SHOT).

Agreed! My last 3 snowchecks have had E-start. . . LOVE IT!

cvcustoms

#getsomegetthere
Lifetime Membership
Sep 10, 2018
www.cvcustoms.com
I just put together a lightweight battery kit option for e-start on the AXYS mountain sleds that is a modified version on the battery bracket/kit I put together last year for those looking for a lightweight option to power the PIDD gauge. The E-Start kit consists of a custom battery box and AntiGravity 8-cell battery. The battery kits only weighs 1/2 lb more then just the battery bracket that Polaris supplies with the kit/sled. The big bonus of this kit is that you still maintain access to the belt drive or chaincase for maintenance purposes.

I am actually looking for someone that has a chain case version AXYS RMK to make sure all clearance issues are ok. First person to contact me that is interested in this version will get a $40 discount on the kit if they send me feedback (and obviously will be able to return it if there are clearance issues).

For more I formation here is a link to the kit:
https://cvcustoms.com/collections/polaris/products/lightweight-polaris-axys-e-start-battery-box-kit

87cb0b29f6f5bf6533d2d042ef64095a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Premium Features