• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Iceage Elevate on a 2016

Allseasons

Premium Member
Feb 2, 2014
Rocky Mtn House AB
There are good reviews on the ascender page. My ride review is a lot the same but posting here since mine isn’t an ascender. Snow conditions weren’t great, but had 2-3’ of fresh in places, which gave me an idea of how the sled had changed.

2016 M8000 Ltd with Redline turbo
Drop and Rolled chaincase, 162 3”
Gripper skis.

Mounting, I couldn’t drill out a lower front hole, as there isn’t a rienforced hole to drill out on a 2016. I had my limiter strap sucked in due to ski lift from the turbo, so I let limiter all the way out, raised front skid shock by 5lbs on main chamber, left evol the same. Bottom hole in the rear tunnel skid mount location, rear skid shock, bumped up 10psi on main and evol. Front spindle mount was easy, I didn’t raise my shock pressures as Iceage informs.

Trail- a little more tippy, nothing drastic or anything to be worried about, but i also don’t pound down a trail like a wildman either.

Pounded out meadows- still a tank that tractors around. Cat thing. Though, was easy to pop up on one ski and hold that position. Doesn’t really accomplish anything, but a worthy note I suppose.

Trees in the deep- this is where this kit shines. Trees, side hills, rises or descents, paired up with a turbo holy man hang on cause she is going. Sidehill even more effortless than before, most of the time with just a bit of counter steer. Easy to dangle through the trees by simply bending a knee to transfer a bit of weight. There’s not even an up and out approach angle thing report to give, it just doesn’t sit down and squat in the snow like it used to.

I’m very pleased with what I felt. I’m also very impressed with how strong the new spindles are. I smoked a tree after running out of talent on a rock face, after a 20’ super man move, I spit a mouthful of snow out, I sat there for a while not wanting to look at damages, but when I climbed up to untangle and un-mate with the tree, I found not a bend, break or even a scratch. Wow. My one
Doo riding friend said several times, I’m really liking how tough cats are. It was a big hit.
Definitely have to relearn how to ride in certain situations, and the turbo highlights my weaknesses lol. No regrets for me.

*An important side note, every year, I’ve been making changes to my sled as cat released the changes. So clutching(not needed for this kit), drop and roll was already done. I have new plastics kit even but not installed yet. If I was a guy looking at this kit, needing drop and roll and the iceage Elevate kit, it’d be a hard sell. After a few power add ons and clutching, my 16 was a ton of fun. I can’t say the past $12k (Canadian) in changes have been worth it for overall rideability. However, on those far and few between over the bars-deep days, there’s nothing like it! I think a stock alpha hardcore would be every bit as fun.

Last edited:
Premium Features