• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Carburater for Sno Scoot

tree-magnet

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
W. Washington
Looking for a used carb, mine is bad where the main jet screws in. Threads are messed up, anyone have a complete or just parts for sale. 1988 snow scoot, Thanks

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
New: Yamaha sells them for $308

Used: I would imagine you would have to start looking on ebay

Or, start doing some cross referencing and see if that carb is used in some of the 80cc scooters that you might be able to find used. My understanding is the engine/drive train of the scoot is derived from a scooter anyway.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I put a mikuni flatslide carb on mine. I think it was the TM 28mm from western powersports. Its half the cost of the stock yammi unit and runs way better. The stock yammi carbs have a very bad reputation of getting clogged up and near impossible to clean and get running right.

U

utah340six

Dec 4, 2008
Carb reva

Look at the a the reva scooters for parts.
Had a yamaha dealer that collects snoscooter . Tell most of the parts are the same

CB.8

Skidoo hill crew
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
Best thing I did for ours was bite the bullet and fork over the money for a new one.

CB.8

Skidoo hill crew
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
You won't regret it when the kid can go out and start their own sled. You might even smile right before they run it up a tree.

M
Dec 19, 2018
What setup are you running

I put a mikuni flatslide carb on mine. I think it was the TM 28mm from western powersports. Its half the cost of the stock yammi unit and runs way better. The stock yammi carbs have a very bad reputation of getting clogged up and near impossible to clean and get running right.
What jets/needles and air settings are you running with these. I am going to buy it and want to make sure I get it dialed in. Thanks

R
Jan 5, 2020
All,

This is the one I run. Not a "flat side" but about the same. Nice thing I found was the enrichment/choke cable screw right in, and the jetting was perfect out of the box.

You mentioned in your previous post that the cable came with the carb. When I clicked on the
All,

This is the one I run. Not a "flat side" but about the same. Nice thing I found was the enrichment/choke cable screw right in, and the jetting was perfect out of the box.

You mentioned in your first post about this kx carb that the choke cable workz as well and it came with it. The link you sent for ebay the cable does not come with it. Just curious if you meant that the original choke cable screws in the same spot as the manual hand choke that is on the new carb? Thanks

M
Feb 8, 2020
All,

Thanks for the info. I am just wondering if you also used the stock snoscoot throttle cable or any modifications you had to make?

Premium Features