• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 new spindles information

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
2020 Spindles and Rubber Stop come as a package and are avaialbe in the 2020 catelog to order, there are two tabs on previous model 2017-18-19 skis that you will have to shave down to make the 2020 spindle fit in, it is easy.

What are the part numbers?

SNOBI-WAN-KENOBI

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
North Bend,Washington
2020 Spindles and Rubber Stop come as a package and are avaialbe in the 2020 catelog to order, there are two tabs on previous model 2017-18-19 skis that you will have to shave down to make the 2020 spindle fit in, it is easy.

What are the part numbers?
Does the kit show you where to shave down the skis? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
NEW DEEP SNOW LIGHTWEIGHT SKI SPINDLE KIT* • Improves front dynamics when sidehilling.
• 400 g lighter than stock spindle.
• Standard on Summit X with Expert package.
REV Gen4 Backcountry, Freeride, Summit and Expedition 860201976
$219.99

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
From a 2020 Expert test rider in Snowtech Magazine:

These front suspension changes are easily as impressive as the rear. We found the front end doesn’t dance around nearly as much as it used to. You can put it on an aggressive sidehill with tracks under the snow, and when you cross those tracks, the front end doesn’t give you the negative feedback that Ski-Doo is so infamous for. Instead, it stays straight and true giving you more confidence in the line you have chosen. On the trail, the front suspension and handling is substantially better. This sled feels more like an MXZ on the trail. It corners extremely flat and is very predictable. We think the new shocks with Kashima coating has helped this a bunch. Also, the new ski rubber and spindle are a plus here.

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada

These front suspension changes are easily as impressive as the rear. We found the front end doesn’t dance around nearly as much as it used to. You can put it on an aggressive sidehill with tracks under the snow, and when you cross those tracks, the front end doesn’t give you the negative feedback that Ski-Doo is so infamous for. Instead, it stays straight and true giving you more confidence in the line you have chosen. On the trail, the front suspension and handling is substantially better. This sled feels more like an MXZ on the trail. It corners extremely flat and is very predictable. We think the new shocks with Kashima coating has helped this a bunch. Also, the new ski rubber and spindle are a plus here.
sounds like a sale pitch

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018

What changed on the skid? No coil over or air shock, no 15" stiff track, still has t-motion?

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
What changed on the skid? No coil over or air shock, no 15" stiff track, still has t-motion?

Nothing was announced for changes to the skid.

I believe the announced changes for 2020's mountain sleds are:

Running boards;

Spindles, ski stoppers and skis (for the Expert and Freeride); and

Shorter tunnel and new shocks (Expert only).

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
Nothing was announced for changes to the skid.

I believe the announced changes for 2020's mountain sleds are:

Running boards;

Spindles, ski stoppers and skis (for the Expert and Freeride); and

Shorter tunnel and new shocks (Expert only).

I think they did some change to the primary as well but this will be my first doo so I'm in learning mode.

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
Doo you know what they might have done?

I don’t know. The dealer said he thought there was a change to it but he didn’t give details. On the website they talk about a roller bearing instead of using slides and about a weight savings but I’m guessing that isn’t new?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
I don’t know. The dealer said he thought there was a change to it but he didn’t give details. On the website they talk about a roller bearing instead of using slides and about a weight savings but I’m guessing that isn’t new?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you are just talking about the p-drive primary introduced in 2017. Maybe there are new components in there, but nothing was officially released for spring orders.

J-Dog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2007
Idaho Falls Id
I have not rode one yet but just reading that they run flat around corners like a MXZ concerns me. Are they going to be harder to initiate a side hill than the previous year.

B
Feb 18, 2009
I have not rode one yet but just reading that they run flat around corners like a MXZ concerns me. Are they going to be harder to initiate a side hill than the previous year.

It's sooooo easy to initiate a side hill on a Gen 4 if these make it a little harder but provide the improvements they claim it will be well worth it. They claim less feedback on ruts and also eliminates the ski from wanting to point up which caused the track to wash out...

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
There is more to the expert front end than the spindles and fancy looking shocks. The new front shocks assembly plays a big part in the handling.

Premium Features