• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ascender turbo kits? Reviews?

X
Jan 10, 2018
Okey!
Im going to Florida early may and Will bring my kit back home.
Also havent decied about the flashing jet. I have a 2018 ecm that I could flash but then I have to switch the ecu on my 2019 coming winter and then the new 2019 Will have 50hours on it straight out of the box :face-icon-small-con

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
Okey!
Also havent decied about the flashing jet. I have a 2018 ecm that I could flash but then I have to switch the ecu on my 2019 coming winter and then the new 2019 Will have 50hours on it straight out of the box :face-icon-small-con

Have tought the same solution. But the ECU would also be registered to the wrong chassis number, and could make it complicated with service, warranty work or updates in the future.

X
Jan 10, 2018
Is there anyone who has been talking to Justin on Silber Turbos in the last week?
I'm waiting for him to send my kit to Florida before returning home to Sweden but now he has stopped answering me...

mk2g60

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington, NH
www.shock-tech.com
Is there anyone who has been talking to Justin on Silber Turbos in the last week?
I'm waiting for him to send my kit to Florida before returning home to Sweden but now he has stopped answering me...

what else do you expect from sibler? I have said already in this post good luck aka don't deal with them. there's a reason you see tons of their kits f/s used for super cheap money.

Daltech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2008
North Norway
Okey!

I am pretty sure the instrument is mapped to the ecu on the c-tec, so you would most likely need to swap the instrument between the sleds to make it work with the other ecu.
otherwise you would need to take it to the dealer and have the ecu programmed to the correct chassie number before sending it in for reflash.

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
I am pretty sure the instrument is mapped to the ecu on the c-tec, so you would most likely need to swap the instrument between the sleds to make it work with the other ecu.
otherwise you would need to take it to the dealer and have the ecu programmed to the correct chassie number before sending it in for reflash.

I actually have a brand new unused instrument for a 2018 C-tec. And have not heard that it needs to be mapped to the ecu?

I can try and swap them, and see if it works.

Daltech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2008
North Norway
I actually have a brand new unused instrument for a 2018 C-tec. And have not heard that it needs to be mapped to the ecu?

I can try and swap them, and see if it works.

I would try that first to be sure it works.
On the Alterra series ATVs you cant swap ecus between bikes, since ecu is paired with the instrument.
They also has the same feature as the c-tec, that the engine will run for a limited of time before final programming is done by dealer during final assembly of a new unit.

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
I would try that first to be sure it works.
On the Alterra series ATVs you cant swap ecus between bikes, since ecu is paired with the instrument.
They also has the same feature as the c-tec, that the engine will run for a limited of time before final programming is done by dealer during final assembly of a new unit.

Yes you are right. But if it is just enough to insert the same Pin code, there should not be a issue.

Last edited:

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
You installing it yourself? Pretty straight forward. When we installed one a couple weeks ago there were no instructions yet.

X
Jan 10, 2018
Yes, that's the idea.
I have not received a description of Justin yet but it does not seem so difficult.
The one thing I'm thinking of right now is where the small metal reduction should be?
Also thinking of a good basic setup for the wights on sealevel?

U

Uncle Bob

Feb 15, 2011
anyone have experience with a silber kit on a 2018 im curious what a good starting point for clutch weight is going to be running 7-8lbs

N
Oct 15, 2018
I asked this in the Ascender forum but figured I'd ask here as well:

Are you guys buying your kits directly from Silber or going through a dealer and what’s the benefit of each route?

Anybody know of a dealer near Northern California?

Thanks.

Last edited:
U

Uncle Bob

Feb 15, 2011
How are the silber kits running on the 19’s. Anyone having any problems

Premium Features