• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Kootenay Pass Caribou Restriction

K
Dec 2, 2007
West Kootenay
I recently read that the ministry is removing the last 2 remaining caribou from Kootenay Pass this winter along with the last 4 from Kimberly area and relocating to a breeding pen near Revelstoke.
Seeing as they were the reason for snowmobile closures up Sheep and Lost creeks, mainly Wolf, Curtis and Panther lakes, the restriction should be lifted. I suspect if people don't write the ministry and MLA, the back country skiers will continue to have a monopoly on that land.
Contact the ministry and let them know it's public land for all users.

Honourable Catherine McKenna, Minister of Environment and Climate Change, at*Catherine.McKenna@parl.gc.ca*or 613-946-8682 and Sean Fraser, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Environment and Climate Change at*Sean.Fraser@parl.gc.ca*or 902-752-0226.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...ibou-to-be-relocated-to-rearing-pen-1.4888410

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
I can't remember.....are these areas: "Sheep and Lost creeks, mainly Wolf, Curtis and Panther lakes" outside or inside the Darkwoods border?

Premium Features