• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hay Days

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
$30 for Saturday or $15 for Sunday. Plus parking. Yikes!
At least it goes to snowmobiling!! I hope to win a sled this year. :face-icon-small-win

ProRMK24

Lifetime Membership
Feb 6, 2014
Iowa
ISO swap space!!!

I am looking for anyone who wants to sell their swap space! I waited to long and now they are sold out. If you want to sell pm me!!

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
$30 for Saturday or $15 for Sunday. Plus parking. Yikes!
At least it goes to snowmobiling!! I hope to win a sled this year. :face-icon-small-win

Goes up just about every year now it seems. I've been there the last 10 years and love the event don't get me wrong....

BUT a couple years back they went to free parking on the south side but you had to take a long walk through the cattle fencing to get in which sucks when you want to QUICKLY run back to your truck to drop off items you buy. So we started paying the $15 to park on the west side which is quick to walk back to the truck. So before we are even in the gate we will have $75 into admission for two.

But the best part......They upped the price to "cover the free parking" when they did it, but this years maps looks like everything is paid parking and they upped the price again for Saturday (I don't remember what Sunday was last year).

So every year I hear from a lot of people that are pissed at the Snobarons for one thing or another. It's the cost of Haydays, the parking at Haydays, The news choppers covering the traffic Saturday morning, the not taking new members (Only snowmobile club ever not to want lots of members they have ever heard of). But this year with the $30 Saturday tickets and the no free parking on the south side lots of people are just getting priced out of going. Good friend who has made just about every year said no more as it costs him $135 to get him, his wife and 14 year old twins in the gate now.

I'm not a Snobarrons member and have never looked into trying to become one or if it's even possible. I keep trying to defend them because of the money they put back into the sport and for hosting one of the largest snowmobile events in the world but I'm finding it harder every year when the cost keeps going up and the quality in the swap meet keeps going down. At what point does it get too much at the gate? Will it be $35 next year? $40 the year after? But maybe I'm in the minority on this and people will just keep paying no matter what they charge.

Well there is my mini rant on the subject. Either way I will be there again this year as it's a nice way to touch base with all the friends and businesses from out of state that I don't get to see everyday. I'm going to try and take a camera this year to be able to share some pics with those on Snowest that can't make it.

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
Goes up just about every year now it seems. I've been there the last 10 years and love the event don't get me wrong....

BUT a couple years back they went to free parking on the south side but you had to take a long walk through the cattle fencing to get in which sucks when you want to QUICKLY run back to your truck to drop off items you buy. So we started paying the $15 to park on the west side which is quick to walk back to the truck. So before we are even in the gate we will have $75 into admission for two.

But the best part......They upped the price to "cover the free parking" when they did it, but this years maps looks like everything is paid parking and they upped the price again for Saturday (I don't remember what Sunday was last year).

So every year I hear from a lot of people that are pissed at the Snobarons for one thing or another. It's the cost of Haydays, the parking at Haydays, The news choppers covering the traffic Saturday morning, the not taking new members (Only snowmobile club ever not to want lots of members they have ever heard of). But this year with the $30 Saturday tickets and the no free parking on the south side lots of people are just getting priced out of going. Good friend who has made just about every year said no more as it costs him $135 to get him, his wife and 14 year old twins in the gate now.

I'm not a Snobarrons member and have never looked into trying to become one or if it's even possible. I keep trying to defend them because of the money they put back into the sport and for hosting one of the largest snowmobile events in the world but I'm finding it harder every year when the cost keeps going up and the quality in the swap meet keeps going down. At what point does it get too much at the gate? Will it be $35 next year? $40 the year after? But maybe I'm in the minority on this and people will just keep paying no matter what they charge.

Well there is my mini rant on the subject. Either way I will be there again this year as it's a nice way to touch base with all the friends and businesses from out of state that I don't get to see everyday. I'm going to try and take a camera this year to be able to share some pics with those on Snowest that can't make it.
It's all those farmers that need the money to park cars in their fields. Sno-Barrons only owns the event land. Every year the land owners see the revenue from the event and raise there land rental fees for parking. Free parking will never come back as far as I can tell. Also, the county needs their tax revenue... I believe it's still Chisago county out there and they like property taxes.

ProRMK24

Lifetime Membership
Feb 6, 2014
Iowa
Swap spots

I'm looking for anyone who wants to sell their swap spot. Pm me.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
It's all those farmers that need the money to park cars in their fields. Sno-Barrons only owns the event land. Every year the land owners see the revenue from the event and raise there land rental fees for parking. Free parking will never come back as far as I can tell. Also, the county needs their tax revenue... I believe it's still Chisago county out there and they like property taxes.

Actually I believe the parking has stayed the same price every year at all the "farmer" lots, just the gate price has gone up. The 2nd year at the new location they went to free parking in the lot to the south side of the event and made a point to advertise that the gate price went up to cover that cost here on Snowest and a few other forums. (which I though was also the case last year). This year on the website it doesn't even list that area as parking (Free or other) But the cost of the gate ticket did not go back down? That was part of the complaints I was hearing about. Maybe this is all wrong and people just don't remember what they paid to get in. Maybe haydaysswaptroll can chime in and list all the gate fees over the years and put that issue to bed. I was thinking it was not that long ago that we paid $15 to get in for Saturday and $20 for the weekend.....

But hey, it's their event and they can run it just as they want to. I'm just saying that the cost to get into the gate is starting to price people/families out of going.

scotts-doo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2011
Minnesota
So when you see the below from the snobarons website, am i right that you cannot just buy a Saturday only ticket?

admission is FREE for kids 12 and under. Adult pricing is $30 for the weekend or $15 Sunday only

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
So when you see the below from the snobarons website, am i right that you cannot just buy a Saturday only ticket?

admission is FREE for kids 12 and under. Adult pricing is $30 for the weekend or $15 Sunday only

Correct, in their FAQ section:

Admission is $30 2-day pass Saturday/Sunday, $15 Sunday only.. Kids 12 and under free. Active military free on Sunday (present ID).

scotts-doo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2011
Minnesota
I agree. Getting a littly spendy to attend. Especially as the kids get over 12 and want to go on Saturday

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
Not being able to get a pass for Saturday only is them trying to get people there on Sunday. Sunday attendance is usually half of Saturday and lots of the swappers pack up and leave Saturday night or early Sunday morning. They have been trying different ways to get people to stay later and get Sunday better but I'm not sure they will ever succeed. I hate saying this cause it kind of sucked for us but, the Epping NH event does not allow the vendors to pack things up until 6 pm Sunday night so that the public that is still there get what they paid for. I still don't see how they are charging 30 bucks to get in Saturday is going to help but that is getting spendy. We live close by and I would probably skip it at that cost too. You should see the costs to be a vendor at any of these snow shows let alone haydays...

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Not being able to get a pass for Saturday only is them trying to get people there on Sunday. Sunday attendance is usually half of Saturday and lots of the swappers pack up and leave Saturday night or early Sunday morning. They have been trying different ways to get people to stay later and get Sunday better but I'm not sure they will ever succeed. I hate saying this cause it kind of sucked for us but, the Epping NH event does not allow the vendors to pack things up until 6 pm Sunday night so that the public that is still there get what they paid for. I still don't see how they are charging 30 bucks to get in Saturday is going to help but that is getting spendy. We live close by and I would probably skip it at that cost too. You should see the costs to be a vendor at any of these snow shows let alone haydays...

I bet that gets insane! Hopefully you guys have a good show!

But the rest of what you say is spot on I think. We went one year on Sunday and it kind of sucked. So now we go first thing Saturday mainly to see the vendors we have gotten to know over the years and see the new stuff from everyone. Will stop in and catch up with you out there be good to meet in person.

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
I know we posted this elsewhere, but this thread is the only one getting attention about HayDays, so wanted to keep the MN, WI, MI people in the loop!

Do not expect us to have volumes of decks at the show for sale. We will be bringing what has sold and a couple first come first serve extras with displays. Thanks!

2015 HAY DAYS SNOW SHOW SPECIAL!

Pre-Order a Full Lotus Recreational Deck from Blown Motor and Receive the Following:
• (2) Complete Superclamp Rear Setups (Valued at $250.00)
• Free Shipping and Delivery to Hay Days 2015, Sept 11-13th (Valued at $550.00)
• Option of 8.5' Foot Long or 7.5 Foot Long

$4600.00 w/Free Extras Listed Above!
• Require's $500.00 Non-Refundable Deposit
• Ships FREE ONLY to HayDays 2015

Standard Deck Specifications:
• Expandable Sides (76" Wide Closed & 96" Wide Open)
• 3/4" Plastic Poly Decking
• Height and Postion Adjustable Legs and Bracing for Different Beds
• (2) Amber Front Clearance LED's
• (6) Red Side Clearance LED's - (2) Red Rear Clearance LED's - (2) Red Rear Brake/Signal LED's
• (3) Clear Cargo LED's - (3) Clear Deck Loading LED's
• Flat Four Wiring Plug
• 11' Full Lotus Telescoping Ramp System - Superglide's Installed on Ramp
• Includes (2) Front Superclamp's
• (4) Pre-Installed Moveable Tie-Down Points - (4) Turn Buckles for Securing Deck
• Full Cab Protection Integrated Headache Rack
• Standard Black Powder Coat on Slides and Headache Rack

Please Do Not Hesitate to Contact with Questions or Purchase Inquiries.

800.615.5249 • Support@BlownMotor.com

PRE-ORDER HERE

*NOTE: $500 is a deposit, remainder will be collected in full at deck pick-up. Only delivering to HayDays grounds. Must pick up there Sept 11-13.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
I believe last year was $20 for Saturday and $10 for Sunday. I paid $5 for parking on Saturday last year. I think it's too early in the year for the event to take place. It's no fun trying on gear when it's 85+ degrees outside.
My kid and his buddies rent a swap space. They camp there Friday to Sunday, bring their own food, grill, beverages, etc. When I get there I have an ice cold beer(s) waiting for me.:face-icon-small-win
They sell a few things which offsets the cost to zero and they don't pay for parking. I always have a few things for sale and they sell the those for me. It is a win win for me!

Maybe this will cool you off!:wine::wine::wine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A-pH9qnEMM

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam

Starting to sound allot like West Yellowstone Expo..
And look at it now....motorcycle stunt show,concert,BRP brings tricycles...?

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I believe last year was $20 for Saturday and $10 for Sunday. I paid $5 for parking on Saturday last year. I think it's too early in the year for the event to take place. It's no fun trying on gear when it's 85+ degrees outside.
My kid and his buddies rent a swap space. They camp there Friday to Sunday, bring their own food, grill, beverages, etc. When I get there I have an ice cold beer(s) waiting for me.:face-icon-small-win
They sell a few things which offsets the cost to zero and they don't pay for parking. I always have a few things for sale and they sell the those for me. It is a win win for me!

Maybe this will cool you off!:wine::wine::wine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A-pH9qnEMM

I'm 90% sure it's this early because of hunting season in MN. Get your sled ready to go.....Go Hunting....Then go riding. :face-icon-small-coo

Premium Features