• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best aftermarket front end kit for M8

C

chief 8101

Nov 26, 2007
Monroe WA
I have a 2009 M8 162 standard that I am going to be modding out this year.

I am new to Arctic Cat and have always been a polaris guy.

What aftermarket front suspension do people recommend and why?

I am putting an EZ ryde rear suspension in it and it will have a PG boondockers turbo installed as well as other mods.

I do a lot of riding in the McCall Idaho area as well as the Cle Elum WA area and prefer boondocking type of riding versus hill banging.

P
Nov 28, 2007
front suspension

running Holz on my m1000, but unfortunatly they dont have anything new for AC anymore, just replacement. I have never ran timbersled but from what i have heard, people like it. Also heard good things about ZBROS RACING . www.zbrosracing.com

bart0678

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
timbersleds "barkbuster" front end is supposed to have increased turning radius. i personally like the zbroz stuff. their shock technology is second to none and are custom valved to you.
adam

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
For strong arms and great shocks go z bros.

I just got the new West Coast front end and will be running it in a couple weeks.

M

mezz250x

Feb 1, 2008
Dassel, MN
timbersleds "barkbuster" front end is supposed to have increased turning radius. i personally like the zbroz stuff. their shock technology is second to none and are custom valved to you.
adam

Timbersled front ends look about as strong as pop cans glued together

bart0678

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Never run one just stating facts about whats out there for cats. I know Timbersled make a good product. It depends on what you goal is. i personally like a wider front end so i went with the Zbroz stuff.
adam

Timbersled front ends look about as strong as pop cans glued together

A

AKkatz

Jan 9, 2008
ANCH. AK
Also check out BD-X...http://www.BD-Xtreme.com/, and Fastlane...http://www.flaneinc.com/. Those are both A-arm-only replacements as is the Zbroz (though Zbroz is the sexist by far). The Timbersled (http://www.timbersled.com) is a whole new front end, meaning that they have A-arms and a lighter (and totally different) spindle. So the Timbersled can shave much more weight than an A-arm-only kit, but it only comes in narrow stance (39.5" I believe), and it uses a shorter-than-stock shock so you can't just run whatever you can find on Snowest your stuck with their Fox Float which isn't bad but it just limits you. But to be honest the best bang for the buck may be just powder coating the stock stuff 'cause it's pretty damn light as is, just a thought...welcome to the pride

M7SLEDHEAD

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Plato MN
TimberSled

I'm going to be running a Timbersled BarkBuster this year. Felt lighter than stock when I put it on. Only reason I did a front end kit was I bought it new from a snowest member for half the cost from Timbersled. Also going to be running a Timbersled Mtn. Tamer, which I need to order. I like the fit and finish of TimberSled and the Mtn. Tamer WORKS.

Premium Features