• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 800 engine rebuild

M
Dec 20, 2007
I have a guy telling me he can get a complete rebuild, with new crank, pistons, cylinders and water pump and fix kit, along with a few other modifications to the case, and says the new crank will be a 2016 pro crank, so my question is will the crank fit ?,and he say's totally assembled cost would be 1800.00.
Just wondering if it is possible ?.

XCaSSAULT

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2016
Not sure about the crank. You could check parts diagram to see if part numbers the same. Seems like a to good a price to me. Be hard to come up with all that on your own for $1,800 let alone have someone else put it all together. I assume no warranty?

XCaSSAULT

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2016
Part numbers are different. That doesn’t necessarily mean they’re not compatible. I’d call Indy specialities and ask someone there.

Price for crank online is $1,550 and I don’t think it’s possible to do top end for under $600. So how this guy can do it for $1,800 is beyond me.

M
Dec 20, 2007
I still don't believe it can be done that cheap, I have rebuilt one 09 800 engine and it cost me a little more than that in parts, and a few older 800s in the past and I just can't see getting all new parts and assembly being that inexpensive.
And the cranks do look totally different but I don't know if they can interchange.

Premium Features