• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mounting GPS-Montana 680t

RanOutofTalent

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2014
Western Montana
Looking to mount a Garmin Montana 680t to my 17 pro. I want the mount to be able to take the abuse or riding and what not. Anyone have an recommendations for good mounts?

I like the idea of the Garmin because I know it will work 100% of the time and be dependable. As well I can use it on my dirtbike, hunting and fishing. I rather keep my phone off and only turn it on when I want to take pictures.

Thank you

RanOutofTalent

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2014
Western Montana

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I used a ram mount with a u-bolt on the steering post. Safe location only took it out at the end of the day. (Sorry for crummy pic)
I ran a Nite Ize twist tie through the carry loop of the GPS around the bottom of the mount just in case the tab holding the GPS broke.
831ee706fd5474daff801b28e46d9b80.jpg
0f2cd66aca0f9a11e45dbbe44d57e4de.jpg

Mountain Cat

kbroderick

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2017
What did you find works best to mount the cradle too? Also did you take off the gps when you had to roll your sled? No issues with it falling off from bumps and all that goes along with mountain riding??

I don't have it mounted on my sled (probably should, though), but I use a Montana 650 on my bike (on/off-road). I'd strongly recommend tethering it in addition to clipping it into the RAM mount; the only times I've had issues were (a) when I didn't seat it properly to begin with (but the mount looked ok) and it fell off at the first big pothole and (b) when I crashed and broke the RAM mount off the dashboard of the bike, but having a split ring installed on the GPS and a just-long-enough tether with a clip made the second situation a lot less painful (and would have avoided replacing the GPS after the first one).

daknapp

Premium Member
Aug 29, 2013
Adirondacks, Northern NY
I'm considering mount Montana with the Garmin AMPS Rugged Mount w/ the power (audio) cable and attaching it to the goggle bag behind the windshield on my AC High County. I used the Garmin AMP handlebar bike mount on my mtn bike this summer without any issues.

Premium Features