• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TAPP Clutch for Skidoo

Feb 28, 2009
working in to it slowly I am a farmer so I have a bulk of cash right before riding season and a new TRA clutch is $1200 why not work toward that goal.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Even a stock TRA will run a guy $1200+ (US)....probably more in Canada... so if a guy needs an entire clutch this is really not a bad alternative $$ wise.

WOW! I had no idea that a TRA is that much! What a scam that is. Sh*t. you could find a wrecked sled and get a TRA for cheap and then rebuild it.

That other clutch sure is pretty though. If I ever need a new one, I may go that route, but dropping that much right now just isn't logical.

Beauford t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Mara B.C.
I would guess there would need to be new ramps made up for non boosted sleds.
Pull weight and let er rip...
If I stay doo I'll try to have this on every sled.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
We are making lighter arms as it setup with lightest weights and small rollers is hard to pull on top in the mountains.
Also working on starter ring gear adaptor.

Out of curiosity....how much experimentation has been done with ramp profile on the 800's? What spring does this use...TRA or Cat/Polaris spring or ?? And I'm sure you don't want to be specific, but what range of spring rates....softer or stiff than typical TRA?

P

powderlites

Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous, BC Canada
www.powderlites.com
TAPP Clutch

We got some more info on TAPP clutch and thought I would pass it on.
The new billeted TAPP primary clutch has been designed to be a Totally Adjustable Performance Product with high tech features that will TAPP out your competition when it comes to performance and on snow adjustability for your sled. Whether it is for trail or mountain riding, boondocking, racing or anything in between a TAPP primary will improve shifting, economy and performance over any other clutch.
Key features of the TAPP Clutch:
• Weights and ramps are easy to adjust and accessible without any need to remove from motor or disassembling clutch when replacing weights or ramp profiles.
• Ramps have clicker style bolts with 6 positions and can be set in up to 21 different positions because of the 4 arm clutch design. I.e. Two opposing ramps can be set at #2 while the adjacent ramps are set at #3 for very fine adjustment.
• Weights can be adjusted the same way with opposite amounts of weight for fine adjustments and easy changes in a few moments.
• Rollers are available in 3 sizes allowing for additional tuning.
• Compact design for tight spaces with multi angle sheaves offering stronger and smoother acceleration.
• Extensive venting provides more surface area resulting in cooling running temperatures and extended belt life.
• High tech bushing materials withstand extreme heat and provide many miles of low maintenance operation.
• The centralized mass /low inertia design provides unmatched throttle response.
• Designed for use with factory clutch bolt and puller.
• Come complete ready to bolt on and ride in one of 3 configurations; Stock, Mid and High HP

We have spent over 350 hour of 3D modeling and design time to analyze and test every component to be as light and durable as possible. Many components were configured and revised up to 10 times to end up with a product that would be the strongest and best performing on the market. Our prototype has thousands of miles log with little to no sign of wear usual CVT wear parts.
The TAPP clutch has improved on the simple roller weight concept used in the past and provides an incredibly smooth progressive shift that is very easy to tune. For this reason very few different ramp profiles and spring rates are needed to allow the TAPP clutch to work seamlessly in all snowmobile applications.
Currently TAPP clutches are shipping for all 4 stroke sleds from stock to high HP turbo applications. Testing is underway and we plan to start releasing stock and 2 stroke turbo clutches in December 2011 as longevity is proven for each specific model.
TAPP clutches will be offered at the fall show pricing of $1599 until November 30 and after that will sell and the MSRP $1695 or $1795. Contact one the two current distributors or ask you local dealer to bring one in for you. Powderlites 250-836-4422 www.powderlites.com or C3 PowerSports 250-833-3538 www.c3powersports.com

Premium Features