• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tunnel bags

bleu bayou

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Dayton
I picked up a new 154 XP yesterday and was wondering if anyone had some suggestions on "snowester tested" tunnel bags as far as what works and what does not.

D
Jun 1, 2004
Big Lake, Minnesota
I asked the same question about a month ago and I bought the Snobunje bag. Works very good. It was like $50 and the good thing is the top part will extend to give you like another 3-4" if necessary. Best part is it was way cheaper than a Ski Doo bag.

B

BlackSummit

Nov 27, 2007
Great Falls Montana
I bought the Skidoo bag on Ebay for $50 and it works great. It expands also. The tunnel is marked so you drill the holes in the right place. Has extra straps to secure things to like my snobunje. Shovel pouch on top.

bleu bayou

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Dayton
Thanks for the comments.

Our dealer only had the 'Doo bags which I had heard some zippers had blown out of last year. He also had the Adventure tunnel bag which is made in OR. It is more of a pseudo-rigid carry-on bag dimensions 16X12X7 with a tarpolin type material on top custom upholstered to hold a shovel and handle. Has anyone had problems with these? I looked at a friends sled today and he has a skinz bag on one sled, and a snowbunge on the other.
Right now, the skinz bag looks attractive since it is collapsable and can be smaller when need be.

C

cableguy

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Country BC
i have the true north works great, made my own rack for it and foam liner for cans and daily food. way better than the skidoo one I had last year

Nov 30, 2007
Redmond, Oregon
skinz

The powderpack by skins protective gear is the best. It's waterproof just like the drybags used for boating, has alot of room, and has no zippers to break off. The $99 bucks is totally worth it.

snowlovers

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Utah and Meeker Colo.
ski-doo bag

My wife and i have went thru 2 each of them, altho the dealer replaced them free, they are junk, the zippers are to small and the stiching tears right out, would not buy another,ever, look for something tougher

S
Dec 1, 2007
Idaho
Thanks for the comments.

Our dealer only had the 'Doo bags which I had heard some zippers had blown out of last year. He also had the Adventure tunnel bag which is made in OR. It is more of a pseudo-rigid carry-on bag dimensions 16X12X7 with a tarpolin type material on top custom upholstered to hold a shovel and handle. Has anyone had problems with these? I looked at a friends sled today and he has a skinz bag on one sled, and a snowbunge on the other.
Right now, the skinz bag looks attractive since it is collapsable and can be smaller when need be.

I installed an adventure bag on my 06 rev a couple weeks ago and it works great lots of room everything stays dry and it installs and removes quickly.

K
I bought the ski doo bag and have had it out 3 times now. I wondered about the zippers looking a little flimsy. So far so good. I think if you don't over-stuff the bag it may be alright. I like the low profile of it and how it mounts easily and securely to the clip tracks. Holds so much stuff I was able to get the pack off my back. Gotta love that! :beer; Time will tell.

B

BraapWraps

Sep 30, 2008
Windsor Colorado
www.braapwraps.com
I use the ski-doo bag with decent success. The straps will losen up when bouncing through moguls so I put a black rubber strap type bungee cord over the top to keep it snug. Can still access half of it without taking the bungee off. Works great for me, wouldn't ride without one, they hold so much junk that would have to go in the backpack.

Premium Features