• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

enclosed trailer tips

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
D
Dec 31, 2007
n. idaho
my pace had belting over the gaps , i cut it off. when my sleds thawed the water would pool by the door and then freeze so there was always a big block by the doors. plus small chunks would get under the belting and get caught in the gap so i couldnt close the door. what a pain!!!!!!!
i put Thompsons water seal on the floor, i did it in the summer when the wood was dry and hot. i put it on very thisk. the carbides on the sled dont even scratch the wood

S

Smoothlander

Dec 13, 2007
W.C. Minnesota
Any pic's of the cubicle shelving??

DSC01833.jpg

DSC01834.jpg

DSC01836.jpg

S
Dec 1, 2007
Norther Utah (Utard)
Here is a picture of my treadmill belt across the door gaps. it folds up nice and even when the door is closed.

As for the strips I found aluminum (hardened) like -T6 works great, the -T0 (unhardened) worked for two years but war damaged and looked like crap!

in addition use wet paint, or silicone, or RTV or something that cures I used a tupe of $1.99 caulking, between the flooring and the strip, then also between the strip and the belt, holds like a dream!!!!

more pics are available just PM me!

oh and the belt strips fro traction works like a dream also, 5 screws and caulking/RTV/silicone under them, 4 years so far no problems!

spomey

DSC00812.jpg

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
i used a old track for traction, and bedliner for ski guides. only on the doors/ramp

Used the boxliner for ski guides as well, works awesome!!! Once the skis are on it they steer by themselves, and the carbides don't touch the bottom of the grooves so it should last forever...

Z

ZRman31

Sep 8, 2008
Negaunee, Mi
i just got my 35foot fifth wheel home yesterday. Its totally empty now and i am trying to figure out what i'm going to do with it.

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
just brought it home yesterday...looking forward to more data on this thread...

IMG00041-20090426-1235Large.jpg

S
Oct 21, 2004
Puyallup, WA
Got the trailer home and finally finished installing the propane tank with remote fill attachments. I had to get a 10 inch diameter tank to keep it from hanging down below the trailer frame.
It took 2 tanks to get it right....the 1st one I bought only had a Liquid output.:eek: oops.
List of stuff left to do is extensive, I just dropped it off to have line X sprayed on all the bare wood. Next will be the upper cabinets, oil racks, 40K BTU Furnace, folding Work Bench, and some tunes.
I will also be installing an undermount Fuel tank and pump assembly along with a few more batteries.

I would like to see the inside of more trailers for ideas on how to arrange my trailer with storage soultions, Keep them coming!!:D:beer;:beer;
Here's Mine right now
P1120093.jpg

P1120094.jpg

P1120095.jpg

P1120096.jpg

P1120087.jpg

P1120091.jpg

Now sappling, let's see your buffed out trailer!!

Last edited:
M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
Thats sweet MT... let's see the inside!!!

Here is the inside...and the little helper...we live on acreage, and the kids tend to run off...well, long story short, we were looking for them, and caught the trailer moving out of the corner of my eye...and then heard the radio blasting...they were both in side (older son 7, dtr, 5) racing their sleds....

then I turned the heater on for them, and they would NOT get out of there...was hilarious....

It is a pretty comfy trailer...work benches and sitting benches, helmet racks, etc. will definitely make working on sleds on long trips more comfy!!!

IMG00043-20090426-1244Large.jpg

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
will definitely make working on sleds on long trips more comfy!!!

Don't you ride a yamaha?:p

Nice looking trailers everyone. The rubber over the gap on the ramps is genius. I had an old 4 place that I used as a garage for sleds and bikes. Always had a broom handy to clean out that gap so as to not bust out the joint. Especially useful on older and weaker (rusting) trailers.

Snowbyrd, is that a 7ft wide trailer? Looks nice!

Last edited:
Premium Features