• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What Was That?....

E

EEEK FACTOR

Nov 26, 2007
So there I was riding down the trail smiling like the cat who swallowed the canary, absolutley loving how much power my new sled has....and then BOOOOM !!!! was that shotgun? was it a car backfiring? as I look down at my gauges I realize the sad truth it was my sled. I look back to see pieces of my primary on the trail, the smile quickly leaving my face I ask WHAT WAS THAT? I stop not wanting to look under my hood but knowing I have too...I slowly unlatch the straps and open the hood like turning the pages of a scary book. Then the horror of what could be, becomes reality, looking down at broken pieces of cast aluminium and the whats left of my primary I realize the crankshaft broke flush with the motor sending my primary almost through my hood. How could this happen? not enough oil?...no, I used Blue marble premix @ 32:1. Bad gas?...no, 50/50 race fuel. leaned it out...no, checked my plugs, if anything it was rich, over revved...no, last rpm on my avenger was 8100....so what the heck? Can anyone help me? Has this happened to anyone else or am I the only lucky one? signed...desperatly seeking answers

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
Was a cruel April's Fools joke, go check your sled again, it is fine.

E

EEEK FACTOR

Nov 26, 2007
Intentionally did not mention what sled or motor...but if it will help it was a zx platform doo with a 995 psi motor.

E

EEEK FACTOR

Nov 26, 2007
engine was fresh...and no Bruce hasnt been near it...but you coulda guessed that by the fact that I was so impressed with how much power it had. Oh and on a side note put a new crank in my polaris at the beginning of march....yes, it has been a good year....repeat 100 times...I love snowmobiling.

E

EEEK FACTOR

Nov 26, 2007
Almost forgot...anyone know where I can get a crank for a 995 psi ($2000.00 from bruce)...would even consider one with only a good pto side....I could repress it.

N
Nov 26, 2007
CowTown
out of balance clutch/crank, faulty casting, crank was dropped causing hairline fracture, pick one of about 100 causes, yes this has happened to others, unfortunately. Hope you get it fixed.

Premium Features