• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XR 4-stroke 1200 TURBOS!

So far, my experience has been that Powderlites guys have answered the phone every time, and never appeared rushed. That said, Bryce & Kesey at Turbo Performance have been right on it as well - they return phone calls and PM's very quickly and thoroughly. Hurricane Performance is very good at followup IMO as well.

Seems like both outfits have a tiger by the tail, and are putting in the effort to make things work well for the customers. I don't have any experience w/ MCX or FPP to share.

MtnDoo

well i have read about your xr on dootalk.. any new pics to show off? i know this is going to be a beauty..

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
Ridin Ak,

Sorry, no new pics yet.
Just lots of take-off parts for sale!
(pretty much everything except motor, wiring harness & bulkhead)

Most of it should come together over the next 2 weeks.
Project updates/pics will be posted on DooTalk and dubdubdub.beeceearr.cawm as they become available.

Thx for the interest!

MtnDoo

Last edited:
S

summit-x

Mar 3, 2008
Central,ND
I don't really care about the racing Dave it's all about the climbing. These are mountain sleds not drag race sleds.:beer;

i cant wait tell the 1200 cat puts a shame on those 4 strokes. the 1200 turbo cat is looking pretty good on race gas, jeff from daakota performance is running a 1200 ovs race gas kit and its dynoing out at about 419 horse

TurboT

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2008
W...Y...O
The Apex will be good for a few miles yet:beer; Then when Yami puts out the 1200 triple.......:D

February 8th, 2010 should be a great day when the unveiling of the new Yami shows up:face-icon-small-hap

Ridin Ak,

Sorry, no new pics yet.
Just lots of take-off parts for sale!
(pretty much everything except motor, wiring harness & bulkhead)

Most of it should come together over the next 2 weeks.
Project updates/pics will be posted on DooTalk and dubdubdub.beeceearr.cawm as they become available.

Thx for the interest!

MtnDoo

well keep us posted.. i would love to ride around this beauty to see how bad @ss it will be. thanks for helping me on another sled site as well.. looks like both us with be moving on from snowest..

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
Thanks AK, no prob. Anytime you're in this neck of the weeds, let me know and you're welcome to take er for a spin and try your hand at some of Crested Butte's Steep & Deep! Lots of parts still coming in from vendors, motor, sled and turbo kit are all in 2 different countries 2000miles apart! I knew better than to do a build this late in the season! hehe.

I'm clearly not too popular with the new-fangled moderator/admin/ownership crew that has miraculously showed up on this site to save us from ourselves: They keep sending me nasty notes. I'm not paying no how, no way for their crap, so I'll probably move both Colorado 4M Ride Thread and the build thread on this particular sled to another site. I've already moved the IrwinReports out of here. (DooTalk, BCR*, SledMods etc..) I see lots of others people doing the same thing.

It's absolutely DUMPING outside all day today, so we're getting psyched to ride.

Cheers,

MD.

well keep us posted.. i would love to ride around this beauty to see how bad @ss it will be. thanks for helping me on another sled site as well.. looks like both us with be moving on from snowest..

Last edited:
R
Nov 26, 2007
ive seen the carbon fibre powderlites 1200 on 10psi boost. this thing is flat out nuts. rip n tear your awesome rider but this thing goes good. i hate ski-doo and ill even admit it how good it goes haha

Ya I rode Kyle's sled a week ago and it is coming along nicely. It should be an interesting season forsure! I am looking forward to this season Kyle and Kory are both awsome riders and can't wait to go ride with them. Talked to Mike Irman while I was down also and he said he plans on riding a whole bunch more this winter.:D I also heard that Tim McGregor is planning on doing some more ridding this winter, so the competition will be steep this year forsure! It's all in good fun though, we all have a blast when we ride together and nobody ever get's mad because one guy on one brand made it and the other guy on brand X did not. It's all high fives at the top no matter how you got there!

P

powderlites

Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous, BC Canada
www.powderlites.com
Skidoo Turbo 1200 Powderlites

Well Paul I will have another carbon fiber one ready soon!!
Bring your check book and check out our new shop!
I have also gotten a few guys with apex's that will be a little quicker this year. Should be good to watch you crazy young guys chuting it out!!

Premium Features